• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. philt

67 Alpine Nashville TN

Nicely sorted and recently refurbished "67 Alpine for sale in the Nashville area. As a long time Alpine and Tiger guy I stumbled across this one while hunting another car. Shiney white with few signs of wear, black interior is near new, very nice top with tonneau and cockpit cover. Modern sound...
  2. philt

Windshield wiper motor "67 replacement

After a rebuild and a trip to a small engine repair shop, the wiper motor core on my 67 is pronounced as"fried". Anyone refer to a source or have a OEM for a replacement? Phil in Nashville pwtrusty@yahoo.com
  3. philt

"67 Alpine clutch master cylinder

Replacing the clutch slave and master cylinder . The slave was available but the master ..no luck with he usual source. Speedwaymotors.com has several universals that may work. I have not yet pulled the m/c for a measurement of the bore . Anyone happen to recall the bore size ? I am tempted to...
  4. philt

WTB Battery condition Gauge

My 67 Alpine continues with its little surprises. Currently has a Battery Condition gauge that is intermittent. Charging system checks out so lets replace this . Not much concerned about be exactly correct 'Volts" meter since this is a driver not a "points " car. Where can I find a replacement...
  5. philt

Source for a "Improved" harmonic balancer for a '67

In the process of replacing the timing cover on my "67. Got a neat CNC re[placement from SS. Getting the Jaw nut off the balancer has been a issue ( thanks to members puff4 and RootsRooter) for the guidance. Now my usual parts source say that the "Improved Harmonic balancer" ( without grooves...
  6. philt

Removing the "jaw nut"

Ok replacing the timing cover on my "67. The front crank seal is likely original and past it useful life. A nice CNC part from SS is a major improvement. How do I remove the 'jaw nut" since I have no idea where to find the "Churchill starting dog nut spanner" noted in the manual. The current nut...
  7. philt

'67 SV passenger door latch and striker

Anyone suggest where I can obtain a passenger side door latch and striker plate? My recently acquired SV seems to have a damaged door latch making closing a jarring exercise...slamming the door is not normal. Phil in Tenn
  8. philt

3.89 crown and pinion gears interchangable?

My SV currently has 4.22 rear-end, ( I counted). Would like to change to 3.89 when I refresh the bearings on the way to installing a overdrive. Are the early series 3.89 interchangeable with the later SV ? I understand the axle splines changes to "fine" about S3 but not sure if that is relevant...
  9. philt

'67 radiator source ?

Hello all, My recently purchased , stock SV will be getting a neat , improved ( From SS) timing cover and oil pan gasket. Since the radiator will likely be removed , good time to address the cooling problem. On a 90 degrees day cruising temp is about 115 C indicated and in slow traffic raises to...
  10. philt

Tach Service referal

Not sure which forum this note belongs. May I post a big compliment for member Tom Hayden and his tach service. I sent him a core bought on Ebay. It was rebuilt, as needed, refurbished and returned in 10 days. It looks fresh in every respect and I will be installing shortly. Again my thanks to...
  11. philt

WTB 3.89 diffy /rearend for my "67

Hello, I am likely the oldest newby recently. Owned a SIV about 2005 then a Tiger and recently a S5. Looking to reduce the rpms for the occasional highway travel. Had a 5 speed in the previous Alpine but was not my work. So as I find the needed T5 tranny , bell housing and clutch...a diffy...
  12. philt

"67 diffy gear change anyone recently?

Looking to ease my newly acquired 1725 on the highway. The spokes and tires are fresh so will likely keep them for now. So while I search for a complete 4 speed with O/D or a conversion bell housing for a toyo t 5.... anyone recently swapped the 4.22 diffy gear set for a 3.89? Any suggestions...
  13. philt

Laycock for a '67 or 5 speed?

Just placed a deposit for what should be a nice '67 Alpine. My last was a 64 with a 5 speed. I did not do the install. So now I know the extra gear is a real asset. 1. Any guidance about finding and installing a Laycock o/d or 2. Is there a tried 5 speed conversion kit available ? Phil in Nashville
  14. philt

WTB nice MkIV-V Mid west /south immediate cash buyer

Hello all from Nashville TN. A few years ago I bought an excellent MkIV from a club member and enjoyed it for a couple of years but got the urge and traded for a Tiger. Markets being what they are, after four years of offers I finally let the Tiger go to a new and enthusiastic steward, That...
  15. philt

Tiger Tachometer wanted

Hello All, I recently acquired a 1965 Tiger. A nice example but one of its few issues is a erratic tachometer ( rev counter). the Jaeger RVI 2812/00 can be accurate but occasionally sticks at whatever position suites it. Before I ship mine off for a 5 week long rebuild, I had hoped someone...
  16. philt

Wanted completed V6 or Alger or nice Driver

Hello All, After making a huge mistake by selling a very nice SV, I find the garage empty. I have chased a few but am still in the market for either: a completed V6 a near finished Alger or a very nice SV driver, overdrive or 5 speed cars get first offer Recently retired, there are...
  17. philt

V6 in Seattle ?

About 10 days ago a V6 ( 2.6) Alpine was showing on Craigslist Seattle/ Kent. I will be in the area this week but the listing has vanished. Anyone know this car and if it sold? Phil pwtrusty@yahoo.com
  18. philt

Tiger Ebay

There is a "67 tiger located in Brownsville, Tx currently on Ebay. The description offers few of the usual details. Does anyone know this car? Would like to place a bid so any information would be appreciated ... Phil T
  19. philt

63 in Myrtle Beach on Ebay

Nice cherry, looks and sounds largely stock ( note the Webber ) Anyone know this car? Current bid $7500.
  20. philt

67 Alpine Sold

Hello all, My SV was sold earlier today to a local Alpine guy. He liked my SV better than his S3. Thanks for the inquires and advice Phil in Nashville