• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. G

bottom glass channel for series 5 alpine

Need the driver's side under (bottom) glass channel for a series five alpine
  2. G

Rookie's guide for replacing a ventilation box door

Thanks for the article. It answered all my questions and saved what little hair I have left!
  3. G

Series V with Generator

Tom, Planning on using a GM 10SI alternator (3-wire). Having a problem getting the alternator lined up with the water pump and crank pulleys as my mounting bracket is too short. Will probably modify the bracket or make a new one. Wiring seems simple but I need to ponder on this a little...
  4. G

Series V with Generator

Tom, Attached are pictures of the alpine. If its is not a Series V can you tell me what it is. By the way I have a series four parts car.
  5. G

Series V with Generator

My Series V came to me with a generator. The generator is bad so I want to replace it with an alternator. Apparently the generator had been installed on the car by a previous owner. It is connected to a Lucas RB340 voltage regulator. Looking at the wiring I have three brown wires attached to...
  6. G

Radiator Options

You mentioned a thicker radiator to resolve your overheating problems. This sounds like the route I want to go as central Virginia gets very hot and humid in the summer. Can you tell me what radiator you used? Thanks.
  7. G

Radiator Options

My Radiator shop wants $700+ to recore my series IV radiator with copper! Needless to say I am reviewing my options. Can anyone tell me what aftermarket radiator to use? Has anyone used a brass core? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  8. G

Can't access Technical Manuals

Todd, I tried to enter the technical manuals section and got in! I tried both the Alpine IV and Alpine V manuals and had no problem. Thanks for your help.
  9. G

Hi Sunbby, When I go to the techical data section everything works but the original tech manuals section. That's when I get the access denied message. Thanks for offering to e-mail me a section if I need it but I'm good for the moment. Gary
  10. G

On the last three visits to the technical manuals section of technical data I have been told that I don't have access to this area. I made sure I was logged in but the problem still persists. Any suggestions?
  11. G

Need Help with rear brakes

The Victoria British Number is 7-954.
  12. G

The GWC1112 is an AP part I got from Victoria British. How can I tell if the brakes should be self-adjusting.
  13. G

I am trying to install new wheel cylinders on my Series V. The brakes are manually adjustable. I am using new GWC1112 wheel cylinders but have not been able to get the clips to install. The shop manuals are no help as my parts bear no resemblance to the shop manual. Can someone give me a...