• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. L

15 alpines

I know someone with a dozen, but not 15... (not all in the picture)
  2. L

Series I-II Stuff

What I have is a complete framed windshield for a SI(doesnt have the side clipped), but my chrome side window guides are the tall ones for a SII. I figure either replace the windshield frame with a SII frame, or get the short chrome window guides for a SI. Have you seen any SI window guides...
  3. L

Series I-II Stuff

Could you send me pictures of what you have? I just found out (during assembly) that my window frame (freshly put together with new chrome and glass) is actually for a Series 1, not 2. So I need the side pieces for a SII. I think I have the bottom and top pieces for a SII, but who knows really...
  4. L

Newbie...Toyota conversion

Thanks Those pictures help thanks. I am going to rework the mounts. I like how yours looks. And it looks like I need to move my alternator to the other side of the motor.
  5. L

More pictures please? I am trying to do the same thing you have done with my 2T, and am having a little trouble with the alternator position and motor being too far forward. If you have any more pictures it would really help me. Specifically motor mounts, alternator mount, air cleaner setup...
  6. L

V6 Bell Housing (Ford)

Pictures If you have any pictures they would be really helpful. Thanks.
  7. L

V6 Bell Housing (Ford)

CC Suffix Does anyone know what the suffix CC means? It appears that the D4ZA 6394 CC would work. Does anyone know if this would also work with a 2.6 V6? the bolt patterns seem to match up, but I wonder about the flywheel, etc?
  8. L

62 Alpine Identification/SAS/VIN/SAL

Thanks I found a source for one from England, had to provide proof of ownership document, and it is on its way. It is the plate for the series 2 (Bigger plate with engine specs on the same plate).
  9. L

Ideas for licensing? Still no luck Well, I got one running, tried to get it licensed and no luck. I have to have a data plate(something with an id number).. it seems I was unwise in purchasing an alpine without a data tag (three early alpines and can't do anything but work on them. Any ideas?
  10. L

Rubber kits

Macgregor I am having trouble figuring out which trim (from Macgregor) applies to the series 2. I am doing a complete restoration so I need everything. For example: Door Glass, Inner Brush Strip, Door Glass Outer Wipe Squeegee Strip. Are these long enough for the early alpines? Suggestions?
  11. L

1965 Series V car, engines (a few V6) and parts

What do you still have? I would be interested in coming to take a look and buy some stuff off you, I'm just an hour and a half away. Do you still have most of the engines and parts mentioned?
  12. L

Blank ID plate I can't seem to track down a source for a blank vin plate, any ideas?
  13. L

Alpine/tiger Chrome Parts

series 2 parts list I may also be interested in your parts. I have two series two's sitting here and missing a ton of parts. Wouldn't know on the price until I find out what you have. Thanks.
  14. L

2T vs 2T-C So I find tons of info for 2T-C engines but hardly anything on a 2T engine. Do you know the difference? I worked on mine this weekend and it purrs like a kitten. Next steps muffler, lights and a windshield! thanks.
  15. L

Rear glass for early hardtop

in the market for at least one If you get an order together, I would also like in on it, I've got one missing and my dad can't see through his. Anyone tried getting one from classicsunbeam? Thanks, Lowell
  16. L

Just bought a Toyota 2T Alpine series 2 Do you still have your 62 Alpine with the Toyota 2T engine? I just bought one with a 2T hooked to a T50 5 speed. I'm trying to do some trace work on the history of this car. If anyone is wondering, It looks like the 2T fits real nice. I bought the car for...
  17. L

V6 Jose Style donors

Ford Capri I haven't finished my conversion, but my V-6 (2.6) is out of a 72-73 Ford Capri with a 4 speed manual. I don't know all the details, because I bought it with the engine and tranny. My brother also has a V-6 (2.8)in his with an automatic.
  18. L

SAL tag Is the SAL tag supposed to be oval shaped, because mine is more rectangular, and seems to be in a slightly different location. If there were a number, am I looking in the right place(see photo attached)?
  19. L

62 Identification I assume I am identifying this right as a '62 full height window posts, finned, bonnet opens all the way with the prop rod on the right side. And I havent been able to find any plates behind the seat. Any other thoughts on identification?
  20. L

California California