• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. chard

dropping the sump (oil pan)

Hi Guys. An odd problem, never come across it before. After an oil change the oil goes black very quickly, I know this is the oil doing its job and holding all the crap in suspension. My car (1725 SV) has always been used pretty regularly until the last 3 months where it's been stuck in the...
  2. chard

Dashboard Stripping laquer

Hi I have an SV GT with a wooden dash. The laquer and general finish of the dash is very poor although I think the veneer looks ok. I want to try a home refurb and thinking strip laquer fill/repair veneer (maybe restain?) and re-laquer. Any one tried this? What did you use to remove the old...
  3. chard

Front wheel bearing adjustment

Hi, I want to repack my front bearings (SV) with grease (I've no idea how long since they were done) I don't have a DTI for setting the end float adjustment on re-assembly, can I just nip them up and then back off till they have a little play? Or is a DTI essential?
  4. chard

Re torque cylinder head

Is it a good idea to periodically re-torque the head or best to leave alone? If a good idea what's the procedure? Not sure if it's ever been done before,1725 engine. Thanking all you experienced gurus in advance.
  5. chard

Procomp cooling fans

Hi Has anyone tried these? They seem cheap as chips (fries):) They have only just arrived in the UK http://www.amazon.com/PROCOMP-ELECTRIC-AUTOMOTIVE-RADIATOR-TRANSMISSION/dp/B003N8J6A6/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1336411200&sr=1-3 Which fan(s) do you use??