• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. B

Fuel Pressure

For the single Weber conversion on a 1725, are most of you running the fuel pressure at 3 psi? Thanks
  2. B

Lug Torque

For those of you running Panasport or other alloy type wheels: Are you using factory torque specs for the lugs? Thanks
  3. B

Performance Equipment

From the February 1963 edition of Road & Track
  4. B

Wheels

Anybody racing with 13 by 6 wheels? If so, what brand are you using?
  5. B

Hardtop

Hardtop is sold.
  6. B

Hardtop

Late series hardtop, typical rust in corners and back rail, located in Upstate south Carolina. $350.00
  7. B

Lowering

Anyone lowered the rear of the car using lowering blocks? If so, where did you source the blocks and ubolts? Thanks
  8. B

Alternator

Thanks for the info!
  9. B

Alternator

It has been a long time since I worked on a stock Alpine. As a result, I need some help: Can someone post a picture of a stock Series V alternator showing the mounting bracket with spacers, washers, etc? I am doing something wrong in terms of alignment. Thanks
  10. B

Gasket Cement

Probably of questionable significance but nevertheless: A cheapo Dollar General fingernail file or in my case, a used tenor saxophone reed, works great to spread a thin even coat of sealant on a gasket. Allows you to spread the material up to the edge of the gasket without excessive amounts...
  11. B

Series 1 body free

Still have the 1725 engine and trans? Price? Thanks
  12. B

No Start

Thanks - will go thru procedure and report
  13. B

No Start

Will do - points set at .015.
  14. B

No Start

Bought an Alpine last year from the previous owner who bought it in 1970. Car has not started in 15 years. Replaced points, condenser, coil, plugs, plug wires, etc. Motor spins fine. Have power coming into coil and out. Have power at end of wire and fitting attaching to distributor. However...
  15. B

Probably a stupid question!

Thanks to all - picture from Tom H was great. The race car is in the shop having trans and clutch replaced, so could not look at it. You would think that having Alpines since 1970 would make me a fairly competent Sunbeam mechanic but NO - I had the arm going down to the carb on the wrong side...
  16. B

Sorry guys - was in a hurry and did not include necessary info. Car is a Series V, stock 1725, Strom 150s, etc. I compared the linkage to the other linkages I have and no difference. I never throw anything away, so I was able to compare the air cleaners to ones I took off Alpines 30 years ago...
  17. B

I have always used velocity stacks rather than air cleaners on the race car. However, now that I am building a street Alpine, I am having problems with the stock air cleaners. When I install the air cleaners, the throttle linkage hits on the side of the air cleaner. What am I doing wrong?
  18. B

Fuel pump

Getting ready to start an Alpine engine after a 15 year hibernation. Few more things to do including installing a new fuel pump. It has been a long time since I have used a mechanical pump - other cars all have electrical. If I remember correctly, installing the pump on an Alpine can be a...
  19. B

1965 Alpine Series V for Sale

where are you located?
  20. B

Parting out a S5 Alpine in South Carolina

Hey Eric - hope you are doing well. Question - do you know if Jim Ellis (I think that was the name) still does his cylinder head mods? Do you have a contact for him? Getting ready to start running the Alpine again (HP Motorsports has it now doing some work) and would like to get an uprated...