• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. J

1967 Tiger GT2 Race Car value comps

Thanks Michael. Car is currently NOT being used at it's best - it's been a storage rack for years. Will have more photos when I get it cleaned and cleared. Race history is mid 70's to early 80's. SCCA CP now GT2. Don't know vintage classing status for varied groups. No invitations and hasn't...
  2. J

1967 Tiger GT2 Race Car value comps

I find very few Tiger race car sales, hence it's a challenge figuring out the value/price. Anyone with a link to such data would be very much appreciated. Stripped, lightened, caged, lowered, stiffened, built motor.
  3. J

Brake Rotors

Wilwood Some time back (thought Dales did them too) I saw an article or ad for Wilwood vented rotors and new calipers. Available in a couple sizes. Requires bigger rims tha 13". Was available for both front & rear. Go for the Tiger is not the problem. No go is cause for concern.
  4. J

Front Coil Springs

Good suspension books provides rate calculations I haven't looked nor done in 20+ years but calculating the correct suspension spring rate is a function of the leverage of the suspension design and the theoretical frequency. I have about 700 # springs in front. Stiff but last time I drove...
  5. J

Cool Dragbeam

Very cool We've got a fellow in NM with a true Tiger who's raced it for many moon. Claims he's totaled it at least a couple times. In ABQ at 5,200 feet, runs high 10's and mid 130's. Has had several engines. Current is a 347 with twin turbos. Seeing it on the street you are in for a...
  6. J

Suspension Tips/ 1.5" dropped spindles on Hillman

Alternative means of lowering Can't find those Hillman spindles? If you're considering lowering, you may also be looking for new springs. Simply have them made to a correct spec for the ride height you seek. Mine clears the ground under the Xmember at about 3". Springs are stiffer than the...