• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. F

I’ve moved to Corrales, NM. ‘Sold the Series II, and have Series III GT that I restored in 2014.

I’ve moved to Corrales, NM. ‘Sold the Series II, and have Series III GT that I restored in 2014.
  2. Rex's S3GT Completed (rear)

Rex's S3GT Completed (rear)

Completed Car. Rear.
  3. S3GT after final polish

S3GT after final polish

PPG Concept acrylic urethane after final polishing.
  4. Series 3 GT Interior paint shot

Series 3 GT Interior paint shot

Interior paint finished. PPG DCC single stage acrylic urethane in Porsche Guards Red. Outside body masked to prevent overspray.
  5. S3GT in Epoxy Primer

S3GT in Epoxy Primer

S3GT on rotisserie after shooting PPG epoxy primer.
  6. S3GT in High-Build Primer

S3GT in High-Build Primer

S3GT PPG K36 high-build primer.
  7. S2 at MT Rushmore

S2 at MT Rushmore

S2 and the famous four During SUNI V.
  8. Rex Funk's S3GT

Rex Funk's S3GT

SIII GT "Before"
  9. Rex Funk's S3GT Stripped

Rex Funk's S3GT Stripped

SIII GT on rotisserie stripped and sanded.
  10. F

Dash Turn Indicator Light S III

'Just got the correct flasher unit from Moss. It works perfectly. The Moss number is 171-300, and the Lucas number is SFB105. Problem solved. Thanks for the input.
  11. F

Thanks for checking, and hope Lucas gods smile on your re-installation. That 35011A4 63 number is close to the Lucas Parts Interchange Manual's 35011A. 'looks like the real deal.
  12. F

The dash indicator light blinks once and then off, the turn indicators work fine, right and left. Using conventional bulbs. I will change flasher unit & check grounds, but the dash light works fine with 12v direct. Thanks
  13. F

My S III GT has a single turn indicator light on the dash connected to the center terminal of the flasher relay with a light green/purple wire as per wiring diagram. I am using a flasher provided by Sunbeam Specialties. When I use the turn indicator switch on the steering column, (either right...
  14. F

help confirm ring gear orientation

Installing Ring Gear on Flywheel I am also in the process of installing a ring gear. Since you got no replies, how did your hunch work out? My old gear is so worn, it's hard to see the bevels, but your picture seems to show them pretty well. Thanks for the tip. The S V manual says to heat...
  15. F

How long to warm up a 1725?

After several trials & errors, I had my Weber DGV dialed in by a mechanic with an exhaust gas analyzer stuck up the tail pipe. 'Worked well at all speeds.
  16. F

I saw this down at amelia island could not belive it

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." P.T. Barnum
  17. F

oil pump rotor clearance (1592)

1592 Engine Oil Pump Geroter Set Where do you get geroter sets for this engine?
  18. F

Shifting with Overdrive

Overdrive The lockout switch on the right side of the trans is critical to preventing damage to the OD. The idiot light on the dash also should be monitored, but is difficult to see in daylight. The lockout switch is adjusted by shims, and operates off the shift linkage. Check the manual for...
  19. F

Invasion XV planning, advice and more volunteers?

Vegas Invasion Volunteer Hey Paul, I'm in Vegas every week or so. If I can help with scouting, arrangements, etc. let me know. Send me a PM & I'll send my phone #. Rex Funk
  20. F

Invasion XV - Las Vegas. Who's In?

Invasion Las Vegas 2015 Sounds Good, I'm in Bullhead City, about 90 mi. so. of Vegas, & April sounds good. Thanks to Paul & Nick. My experience is that Green Valley is pretty high rent. Try Tuscany Suites on Flamingo, E. of the strip, or Costa del Sol in north Las Vegas. Lots of nice...