• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Series II on Top Gear Shoot

Series II on Top Gear Shoot

Just finished the Series II was invited to be filmed along with a number of classic 60's sports cars for a Top Gear production on the demise of the British sports car industry.
  2. Work in Progress

Work in Progress

Series 11 Ex Californian car now under restoration. Have VIN number if anyone can advise how to find out American Original Reg please let me know. Would like to find out where it's been since imported to UK in 1981.
  3. V

Sunbeam Tiger RHD Steering Rack's New

Will see how well these go first but have noted those that have expressed interest in LHD unit's and if we decide to do in LHD will let all know. Thanks Richard
  4. V

Sunbeam Tiger RHD Steering Rack's New

For anyone interested we have just reproduced a batch of RHD Sunbeam Tiger steering rack's to the original spec please e-mail with any enquiries. They are selling for £640 plus postage. Thanks Richard
  5. V

Sunbeam Tiger MK2 Original Grill

Hi, I have listed yesterday on ebay a MK2 Tiger grill that I recently aquired in a pile of bits :) that came with a MK1 project. Has been confirmed as original by a number of STOC UK members along with checking it against an original grill on a MK2 here in the UK. Thanks Richard MK1A...
  6. V

Sunbeam Alpine on Top Gear in the UK

Wasn't sure if link would work outside the UK but it was worth a try. I am really pleased with the filming as although brief with the entry shot of my Alpine it couldn't have been any better. Was not sure what to expect as the filming was all done behind closed doors and we were ushered...
  7. V

Programme viewed last night and first car to be seen was Alpine stood out really well made me feel quite proud at the effort me and my father had put in to make a really good example of an early Series car. Also good shots of Tiger so hopefully will raise some interest on the marque. It was...
  8. V

Date Now Confirmed As The 1st August 2010 In Uk On Top Gear
  9. V

Truth is i'm not sure what will be featured. When filming took place everyone was asked to leave the factory but think will be an overview of all vehicles present if nothing else. Any publicity to help the marque and get more people interested in Rootes vehicles can only be a good thing. The...
  10. V

Earlier this year, having just completed the restoration of my Series 2 Alpine, we were requested by the Top Gear producers to attend a production for the new series. It was filmed in the old TVR factory in Blackpool and included a number of classic British Sports cars. The purpose was a feature...
  11. V

Series 11 Winscreen Frame to door trim rubber??

Can anyone help? I am currently in the process of finishing one of my Alpines a Series 11 and after fitting the rechromed windscreen surround and doors am unsure as to what type of seal I need for the windscreen side. There is a seperate strip that screws onto the side and allows the door...
  12. V

American Registration

Have contacted last owner and he thinks he might be able to get in touch with the owner before him who would know more about registration number/history. I found a credit card receipt in car from Vista, Ca (from 1989)with a name on and from that I found his contact details through an American...
  13. V

American Registration

No will have to get UK age related plate as the car has always been a LRO so was exported from UK to America? from new. Just interested to find out American Reg & possibly any history.
  14. V

American Registration

I have a Series 11 Alpine imported to the UK in 1990 from California that has been in a private store all this time along with 5 others all of which I have now aquired. Having restored 4 other Alpines over the years with my dad we are relishing the challenge to try and restore them all (my...
  15. V

1960 Sunbeam Alpine Series 1

Windscreen Rubber The SAOC UK order a batch at a time but are currently waiting for enough interest to order. When I looked into it they order from MACGREGOR British Car Parts in Ontario you can buy them on line at www.macgregorukparts.com but when I enquired a month ago they were also waiting...