• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. modpants

Looking for a new custodian for my 1967 SV

Moving overseas so selling my favorite toy. A real head-turner, & runs great. I’ve had 16 years in which time it’s only done 6k miles. (Odo almost certainly not the actual mileage). Has been garaged and well looked after all the time I've owned it. Has only even been a CO or CA car so barely...
  2. modpants

Rear Differential Breather Vent question

Hi guys, just looking back at my history it's been about 13 years since I last asked a question...but i've done plenty of lurking over the years! Anyway, I have been getting a constant, but very slow drip of fluid on the rear differential and was reading in another post that the first thing to...
  3. modpants

Carb leaking gas

hi all, was just out for a pleasant little drive in my series V, but it was having trouble idling and pulling off from stopped at lights. was fine once it got going, but at every light i had to keep my foot down to keep it from stalling. anyway, its done this evry now and then but never as bad...
  4. modpants

Brake failure

Hi chaps, i just got my Series V out to go fill up with gas and was very surprised when my foot went straight to the floor when i hit the brake pedal. It's pretty cold here in CO, about 30F today i'd say. in know that can cause complications. i drove it a few days ago and it seemed fine...
  5. modpants

misfire at full throttle

hey guys, so i seem to have developed a misfire problem on my SV, when the throttle is fully depressed. seems to not want to get past 2500 rpm and the car really struggles. if i let of the gas a bit it does better, but still lacks oomph. All this came on a few days ago after a very cold...
  6. modpants

spare wheel compartment rust repair?

hey chaps, SV alpine...i was underneath topping off the oil in the rear differential yesterday (slow leak, another story for another sometime...) when i accidentally prodded the bottom of the spare wheel compartment with my wrench. anyway, it's a very rust free car. but right at the bottom...
  7. modpants

Fuel Line Cleaner?

ok, i fully expected to be torn apart for asking this, but a pal who has a 70s bmw swears by the STP fuel line cleaner additive that your pur in the gas tank. He insists i should try it on my SV. Should I? I'm rather skeptical. But i do like the promise of increased performance etc. Am I...
  8. modpants

battery only holding 10V

hello gents, i have a question regards the 12V battery in my SV. recently it totally died on me. turned out the contacts were covered in corrosion (fairly new car to me, and i shoulda checked, i know). pulled it, re-charged it to 12V, and cleaned the terminals and connecting wires up nice...