• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. V6 Ready to install

V6 Ready to install

Here is the 2.8 that I put in my series 1967 Alpine. Once I had the engine completed, I decided to take a photo so I tossed the headers on it, along with the manifold, carb, valve covers etc, The crazy air intake/air filter on it in this photo was for another V8 project of mine, but it sure...
  2. V6 Ready to install

V6 Ready to install

Here is the 2.8 that I put in my series 1967 Alpine. Once I had the engine completed, I decided to take a photo so I tossed the headers on it, along with the manifold, carb, valve covers etc, The crazy air intake/air filter on it in this photo was for another V8 project of mine, but it sure...
  3. C

mercury calipers

I got a call a few days later from Rockauto after I was notified they didn't have stock on the Fiesta master cylinder. They said they did have it available by other manufacturers. So I ordered one on the spot and got if few days later, It wasn't much money but it does not have the reservoirs...
  4. C

mercury calipers

So I got the dreaded "Sorry, we screwed up and there is no inventory for the Fiesta master cylinder" from RockAuto. Another dead end. But I think Napa might have one in Arizona, so I will try that. I am sure I can get an aftermarket master cylinder near the .70mm, but only a single and not...
  5. C

mercury calipers

Bill, I went a head and ordered the Fiesta master cylinder from RockAuto.com, but I think it may be without the reservoirs. Do you have any suggestions on where to get something that will fit?
  6. C

mercury calipers

Bill, check out this master cylinder and tell me what you think..... It's listed on ebay, so just search the following item number, 141133197006 it fits a Lexus 300
  7. C

V6 Jose Style donors

Basically its a 1974 through 1978 Mustang with a 2.8 cologne engine or a 1983-84 Ford Ranger or Bronco II. The Aerostar had the 2.8 v6 early on, but I bet they are hard to find. The Mustang is the best bet since it has all the parts you need to make it fit, the Ranger/Bronco are the easiest...
  8. C

mercury calipers

Master cylinder swap Bill, thanks so much for the information and the photo's of the adapter! As we all know, photo's are worth a thousand words! This is what I envisioned but I had not thought of everything involved especially threading the countersunk screws. I will move forward with this...
  9. C

mercury calipers

Bill, thanks for the help! I have been scouring the internet and calling around for a f10 master cylinder but its a no go. I didn't see any other Trecel posts on the forum when I did a search. I imagine the firewall needs some extra bracing to handle the different mounting holes.. Has anyone...
  10. C

mercury calipers

The master I have on mine is a 7/8" so it is apparently too big without the booster. So, do I get a aftermarket booster or do i TRY to find a f10 master cylinder? Are there any other double circuit masters that work since those are so hard to find?
  11. C

mercury calipers

How are the Capri calipers working for you? I did the same thing a few years ago and I must admit they work, but I am not impressed with the stopping power. I have always been concerned that I have something not quite right. Are there any adjustments to me made? I am running without a booster...
  12. C

V6 Timing Cover leak (again)

It was the timing cover seal to balancer that was leaking. I had originally put the timing cover on "off center" of the balancer. I hope I have it right this time. I stole the balancer off my #2 engine because it was in better shape and plan to sleeve the one I took off later as I finish that...
  13. C

Timing cover to oil pan front gasket? Thanks that helped and I got it off. I must have put a little sealant in there so it was sticking. My problem now is that I cant get it back on correctly. The timing cover is riding high because of the front rubber oil pan to timing cover seal. It seems...
  14. C

So after just replacing the harmonic balancer seal that was leaking I have the same problem. I guess I made the mistake of pulling the balancer and the seal without locating the timing cover on the balancer then bolting it down. I know I did the first time when I originally rebuilt the motor so...
  15. C

V6 Jose in Hospital

Jose, I am glad to hear out of the hospital and on the road to recovery! Sorry you had to deal with all the pain, that's got to be very scary! Usually pain is a real indicator of something that is not right, in this case it may have been to let you know there are a big bunch of V6 conversion...
  16. C

2.8 Porting questions

Hey all, I am sure this has been covered but I cant find it on the forum. I am about to port and polish my 2.8 heads and put in 2.9 valves. Does anyone have the details on how to go about the porting on these specific heads? I understand the basics of porting but those of you that have done your...
  17. C

Cutting the front valence for larger tires.

Ken, my front valance was cut before I got it and it seems to be fine as far as clearance. It looks ok, but I have no idea if its the right way to cut it. I can send you a text message with a photo if you PM your phone number. Also, I didn't roll my rear fenders but I did cut them with a...
  18. C

How to replace S IV windshield rubber ?

A Sunbeam windshield is a little bit of a challenge but you can do it if your careful. The reason the big glazing outfits don't want to do it is because all they do is glue in windshields these days and don't have the experienced staff to put in a rubber gasketed windshield. On the other hand...
  19. C

Best springs to lower to lower a V6 Series V

Hi Jose, It seems like I have heard that the Hillman spindles would help lower, but your right about the difficulty in finding them. I will keep my eye out anyway! I learned to drive in a Hillman Husky by the way. It was a very nice little wagon! As far as lowering it too far, I haven't...
  20. C

Best springs to lower to lower a V6 Series V

I have looked at numerous threads on the forum regarding ways to lower the front to improve handling and to make the Series V look low and more sleek. I am wondering if there is a consensus on the best way to achieve this? After installing the V6 and restoring my car I just cut my springs...