• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. G

Stock fuel pump rebuild

Thanks Mike so tap the 8-9 impressions a little from edge to pull metal from recess then maybe flat tamp down to hold? Thanks again
  2. G

Stock fuel pump rebuild

Valves are slightly punched to hold in. Would I lightly scrape with blade @ recess to pick out of pocket. Hate to ruin , any one dealt with I'll take advice. Thanks Glassman
  3. G

Rear main or oil pan leak

Thanks for the info. It had a buildup of oil around inside of Bell Housing. I was hoping it's the oil pan at back. I'm trying to get it on the road again. I'm going to just fix what I can and see where I'm at. Would like to drive it a while before major rebuild. Thanks everyone. Glassman
  4. G

Rear main or oil pan leak

I tilted engine down to remove transmission and after fifteen minutes or so oil started to slowly drip. Best guess rear main seal or back of oil pan? Car hasn't run for 12 years. Thanks for any thoughts. Glassman
  5. G

Series 3 rear axle hub removal

Thanks It's hard to believe how tight they get. I believe the keyway slightly rust locking it up. The 7394 puller with 4 legs works good, just very crowded fit. Live and learn . Glassman
  6. G

The puller came in today and the hubs came off, with a little propane heat. I never realized how bad the seals were. New bearings and seals should do it. Thanks for the support everyone. Glassman
  7. G

THanks All. I'm going to get a 4 point puller and ditch the heat for now. I just rebuilt the transmission and didn't like how loud the rear end was. Replacing ring gear bolts on GP.
  8. G

Thanks for the advice. I figured 4 legs would be better. Tried 3 it pulled off center. I was looking at buying a hydraulic puller. Afraid of using too much heat I can get carried away. I've tightened and banged. Is it best to heat the shaft, with torch or is propane enough?
  9. G

Hi folks. I'm new to the club with a 64 GT model I've had for nearly 50 years. Here in Ohio we hold on to things. My issue is trying to get the rear hub off. I have the axle out and using a 2 point puller with small sledge. I haven't used heat yet but is it the only way? I wanted to...