• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 9

Sunbeam Safari

How right you are 109! Just thinking about replacing springs etc made my stomach flop. But remember everything just keeps coming around again. Notice how youngsters are wearing bell bottoms again! OLD IDEA : - )
  2. 9

Sunbeam Safari

For those of you that are hotrodders and watch "Fast and Loud" saw an interesting episode the other night. 1970s Shelby Mustang that was lifted, had big wheels, large tires with lights attached to a rollbar. Lots of trails and dunes around here in Central Oregon desert so I was contiplating...
  3. 9

Brakes long pedal

I installed new hoses last night. Now looking for a foot to help bleed brakes. Wifey cant do it cause she is a church musician and every waking hour is spent preparing for Easter. THanks for the tip Gordon
  4. 9

Brakes long pedal

I spoke with Rick at Sun Specs. (Yup he sold it but there for a little more time.) He asked about brake lines. Got new hoses and found when suction applied there is a difference between north and south end of the hose. Is it possible that it is possible to install hoses wrong orientation...
  5. 9

Brakes long pedal

brake rod has about 1/8" play before contacting the back of the MC so spacer would not help. In the AM plan to swing down one caliper to see if pistons move freely.
  6. 9

Transmission R&R

just a clarification. Does the M5R1 trans bolt onto the 2.8 bell housing or need to take the bell housing along with the M5R1. Thanks
  7. 9

Brakes long pedal

I will take a pic after I find my phone after two days MIA. : - (
  8. 9

Brakes long pedal

No servo. Yup, dual circuit and one line goes to front brakes and other to rear.
  9. 9

Transmission R&R

Hi Bill Do you happen to have a pic of the shifter you made? Even one in the car? Thanks
  10. 9

Transmission R&R

thanks for the input. i got sidelined by brake issues. New calipers, lines and MC and now the front brakes lock up every time they are depressed.
  11. 9

Brakes long pedal

Dumb luck I should happen upon this thread. I just had a shop change all the lines and front calipers on my SV v6 conversion. Was not cheap like $1750. The BMC is a Centric for a 72-76 Courier ( Model 130.45501) SInce then when I step on the brake the front calipers stop nicely EXCEPT calipers...
  12. 9

Series V Cologne conversion

When I installed the Hi rise VCs as the Ford and V6 Sunbeam shown here it would not clear the 72-76 COurier Brake MC. (Centrix) Had to have a pro cut down corner corner near firewall. $175...ouch Hope POWERED BY FORD fares better.
  13. 9

Transmission R&R

Dumb question. What about going with the trans that came originally with the Alpine? I know that it will not stand up to hard driving but for just going to and from car shows it wouild be adequate.
  14. 9

Lot of parts

carpet pieces still available?
  15. 9

Copper flare washers for leaky brake lines

A little off topic .... my brand new MC is leaking where plastic reservoir goes into metal cylinder. I have tried to squeeze together with my hands but no luck. Was thinking of channel locks or a C clamp but do not wish to crack reservoir. Thoughts?
  16. 9

Lot of parts

Interested in the "assorted carpet pieces" if you would post pics.
  17. 9

Transmission R&R

this is cool! You mentioned in a previous post that switching o/d gears from a 4.03 first gear trans to a 2.95 first gear trans would not achieve the desired affect, but I tried it any way, what else is there to do during the Canadian winter! What I ended up with was roughly 1 3/4 turn of the...
  18. 9

Transmission R&R

As to getting the correct T5 I have done some research and the box itself is usually $950. At my age I can no longer do the R&R work so it would cost another $1500 for teh R&R. Since the main app for the this car is autoX and shows I think that money could be better spent on a roll bar, cam...
  19. 9

Transmission R&R

I will hope that tag or sticker is still on. PO does not have info. Do you think that a trans pro would know T5 model by looking at it.
  20. 9

Transmission R&R

Seems like 10hrs to R&R trans including replacing the gear pack.