• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. R

X frame repair sections.

That’s really interesting. Nice work. Looks like it will handle serious torque. Do you extend the reinforcements farther rearward too? I don’t necessarily see my self rebuilding that far but it helps to see what can be done.
  2. R

X frame repair sections.

amazing what cirtters will do to find shelter, I once had them nesting in a box of fish hooks!!! thanks for the fun conversation. Now it's time to get back to work on my Sunbeam now that the weather is warming up.
  3. R

X frame repair sections.

I'm going to run outside and put a rag in my carburetors right now geez!
  4. R

X frame repair sections.

Thanks. The pictures are nice reference for me. Oh my on the walnuts. I get those too. The squirrels get in and pack the oddest things full of them.
  5. R

X frame repair sections.

Great pics! Can you post more sometime? Interesting to see detail off the car. Maybe some full plan views from top and sides.
  6. R

X frame repair sections.

Good to know thanks for developing this. I’m a ways off from frame restoration but might come in handy down the road
  7. R

X frame repair sections.

I hope they at least put in rebar
  8. R

13 inch wheels - Chicago area free pick-up

Thank you. They will be put to good use!!!
  9. R

13 inch wheels - Chicago area free pick-up

any chance you still have these. I may be near chicago in the next few weeks.
  10. R

1725 piston(s) std bore wanted?

Hi, I was able to get some measurements and i am definitely std bore. Let me know know how much and I can send money and shipping info if you are good with selling. I can PayPal or zelle if you do that. Thanks for your help.
  11. R

thanks. when I finish cleaning and inspection and am sure of what way I am going I'll get back to you. May take a few weeks with other priorities and verifying piston and rod specs.
  12. R

good advice thanks. fortunately I didn't do that since crank was removed and caps were off. yesterday #4 finally broke free.
  13. R

Pistons and rod in block is all that is left basically. Pressure wash could be done easily at this point to get fresh penitrent or whatever in there. Good option to try next thanks.
  14. R

Maybe diet coke good idea. Carbonic acid I guess.
  15. R

Head is off. Do you think acids do significant damage. I could try that.
  16. R

Thanks. I can get back with you once I get it apart assess the damage
  17. R

possible. Waiting to get completely apart
  18. R

Thanks, yeah, been soaking it since february or so. I have 3 out of 4 out. PB blaseter, brake fluid, Marvel, lately Superzilla with a little heat. going to try heating (gently) and putting dry ice in piston to thermo cycle it and maybe break it loose next but planning on a backup plan.
  19. R

Taking apart a 67 1725 series V. Piston #4 is frozen pretty darn good I may have to break it out. I’m trying to get this car running for the fun of it and want to just make it run and complete before throwing serious money at it. I bought it for $1200 and everything is locked up. It sat...