• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 6

1962 Alpine 32,510 original miles

1962 Alpine Video of car bottom I've seen Roccos car once when I purchased a fuel tank from him many years ago. That is quite a stash you two have. For anyones info I posted a 9 minute Video of the bottom of the 62 Alpine I have for sale. 9 minute video of the bottom of this car...
  2. 6

Then you will remember this car, I found it on this site. Scott had first posted it. I do not know how he found it but he put out two pictures of this car sitting in a garage in Rockford Illinois and he posted the name of the real estate handling the estate sale of the house. It took me almost...
  3. 6

Dan, This is the advice I was looking for. The sidelights are an eyesore to the purist, I am looking for the purist, this is my conundrum. I have a current auction and will let it run it's course, the market will show me what you guys already know. I must say that I have had a lot of...
  4. 6

It's all fun, thanks for your post. This is a great forum and has been quite helpful to me. John
  5. 6

Wow! feel like I am in an episode of CSI!! That was a 1961, I had and rebuilt to running condition. I have had a 1961, 1965 and 1967, all alpines. That particular car was in a barn in Southhampton NY. I am a builder on Long Island since 1973 and have many contacts that are aware I restore and...
  6. 6

Thank you for your input, I appreciate what everyone has to say. I have a penchant for survivors, any car or motorcycle and have been fortunate to come across my share, almost always through an estate. I have had three other Alpines, and I really like these cars. Through this forum I have been...
  7. 6

What do the experts think? http://www.ebay.com/itm/142113421138?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 Fine example of an original car. I am concerned that a car this original is not saleable. I will go through the car if it does not sell. I am leary about putting tires...
  8. 6

74 pictures of this car taken today Sunday August 21 2016 https://goo.gl/photos/q8nna9QzJQvZn9U68 John (631) 774-9509
  9. 6

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142089894733?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 John (631) 774-9509
  10. 6

1962 Sunbeam for sale

And I would be happy to show it to you! I have a lift here so you can go over the car with a fine tooth comb. Call me anytime John (631) 774-9509
  11. 6

1962 Sunbeam for sale

Tom, Thanks for the advice, I only go on short shake down rides to test the car, the reason I left the tires on is because they are the original Dunlop tires that were put on at the factory, the fronts are quite bald. Back in the 60's you were lucky to get 30k on a set of tires, especially the...
  12. 6

1962 Sunbeam for sale

I have a Moonstone white, red interior all original Alpine.I will be selling this car in mid-June on Ebay. Original paint, interior, exhaust, engine, tires (from 1961), bill of sale, dealer brochures. It runs very, very well. Has the original top, and tonneau cover. No rips in the seats or door...
  13. 6

series 2 alpine hard top wanted

I have one in storage. Original, has all the stainless trim and latches, Plexiglas window is there but very yellow. Has headliner hoops, liner is gone. PM me your email address and I will get you some pics and a price. John
  14. 6

Series II Front Valance

Have a lot of series II parts, an entire car disassembled, call me at (631) 774-9509
  15. 6

Series II reverse gear stuck

Thank you Jan I had visions of taking out the transmission until I asked you all for help and Jan, you were right on. The spring was OK and greased up nice but the cup that carries the spring and rubs against the shifter was time welded to the aluminum case. A torch, Kroil, torch, Kroil...
  16. 6

Series II reverse gear stuck

I have a stock Alpine Series II with low miles. Rebuilt the engine, runs great BUT cannot back it out of my garage, all four forward gears are fine but the trans just refuses to go into reverse. Now on this tranny reverse is to the left and back according to all I know about it, there is even an...
  17. 6

Head Gaskets and DPOs

Order the 002 and the 005's they are cheap enough, the seats will almost always have to be oversized when they are replaced
  18. 6

Series II Cylinder head

Series II Head repair pics here is the same head for the 1962 Alpine 1592 original engine repaired with new valves, seats, guides and the damaged parts filled and machined ready for install
  19. 6

Series II Cylinder head

I have decided to rebuild this head and have found an excellent machinist who can do the job. I will post completed pic when done, thank you to all the members for the help in locating other heads but in the end Puff4 gave the best advice. The car needs to stay intact.
  20. 6

Series II Cylinder head

This is the head I am looking for cast date 4E61