• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Whiskey Whistle

New Battery is Now Dead

Interesting, I hadn't heard of tenders ruining batteries over time. This is not the case here though, since I had not placed the battery on a tender in-between buying it and it dying a week a later.
  2. Whiskey Whistle

New Battery is Now Dead

I forgot to mention I also tested the system for voltage. Everything is as it should be while running. 12v with only ignition on, and around 14v while running. I think the problem is fairly new, since I haven't experienced it before in the two years of ownership, and it is so acute that it can...
  3. Whiskey Whistle

New Battery is Now Dead

I tested for a parasitic leak, but it came back negative. My plan is to take the alternator to a guy in town that will test it, and can reportedly fix alternators in under an hour for a reasonable fee. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
  4. Whiskey Whistle

New Battery is Now Dead

I don't know what that means, but I also noticed only one cable connection
  5. Whiskey Whistle

New Battery is Now Dead

I didn't redo the wiring myself, but that's a good question. The wiring was done by a professional small business owner who flips classics for a living.
  6. Whiskey Whistle

New Battery is Now Dead

Hello and welcome to my third problem thread this week! Thanks in advance for the advice. I finally have time to get after some things on the to-do list for the Sunbeam. My 3-year-old battery had been giving me trouble lately, so I replaced it for a 4-day weekend trip my wife and I went on last...
  7. Whiskey Whistle

Symptom: Hitchy Brakes

Thanks for all the input so far everyone. Here are pictures as requested. The servo seems to have been replaced. An older one (I assume the original) came in a box with the car. I don't know how old the master cylinder is. The brake hard lines might be orriginal. The hoses to the disc brakes are...
  8. Whiskey Whistle

I don't know, since I bought it two years ago. I considered the master cylinder, but wouldn't the affect be felt even with the engine off if the problem were the master cylinder? Since I only feel it with the engine running, that points me to the servo, since it's the only thing that relies on...
  9. Whiskey Whistle

'67 series V ST with hardtop, OD, and heater. Once restored, and includes upgraded air intake...

'67 series V ST with hardtop, OD, and heater. Once restored, and includes upgraded air intake, single carb, electric starter, and stainless steel exhaust.
  10. Whiskey Whistle

Yes is has a "servo" or vacuum brake booster as it's otherwise called.
  11. Whiskey Whistle

Hello, I have my suspicion on what needs replacing, but would like y'all's input before I spend more time and money barking up the wrong tree. While pressing the brakes, resistance against the leg's press is smooth until it hits a wall about 1-2" into the press. Pressing past the wall of...
  12. Whiskey Whistle

Problem: Overdrive Going On and Off

Well explained, thank you. I'll give it a try when I have time to hook up a bulb, and then I'll try to induce the problem again. That could be the tricky part since it wasn't a consistent.
  13. Whiskey Whistle

Problem: Overdrive Going On and Off

Hello there, I recently experienced a phenomenon while driving with the overdrive engaged, it suddenly disengages for a split second then reengages. When it happens, the engine revs up to match the speed for a moment, and then back down when the OD reengages. I noticed it has happened at around...