• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Reg from Canada

SV Alpine with V6 Components FOR SALE

Dan do you still have the Offy intake
  2. Reg from Canada

Cam Shaft Recomendations

Dan are you saying that Racer Walsh stag 2 is full race and wont create vacuum at low RPM
  3. Reg from Canada

Excitement Builds

There is a choice of 3 ratio's 1.6:1, 1.7:1, and 1.8:1. stocks 1.5:1 so would probably not go much higher then the 1.6:1 ratio as I will use cam to make up lift/duration. I am thinking stage 2 but worried about vacuum in the low RPM range as Dan has mentioned, machinist (Brad) doesn't feel that...
  4. Reg from Canada

Excitement Builds

Well it been awhile since I posted anything, have been a little busy with a change of jobs, Christmas, new year hangover, etc. l have found a great machinist. 2.8 liter Block, heads, crank, and con rods have all checked out on the good side. Sourced some forged piston and rings for what will be...
  5. Reg from Canada

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all the US member. I'm thankful that I have joined this club and for all the help and advice I have received so for thank you
  6. Reg from Canada

Excitement Builds

Bill thank you for the info on 7.5 Barry I think I can get 200 reliable HP out of the 2.8 naturally aspirated I will let you know what it turns out with once finished.
  7. Reg from Canada

Excitement Builds

I have also read that the 7.5 ford rear end will not handle 250HP for very long. I'm wondering if I'm not better with the 8.8. Has anybody installed the 8.8? Will it fit or is the housing too large and better going with 7.5 and beefing up carrier and get hardened axles to handle extra HP
  8. Reg from Canada

Excitement Builds

I have been looking for a 7.5" rear axle and can get either 9 or 10" brakes and would like to upgrade rim diameter to 15" along with disc brakes. Has anybody used the 7.5 rear end and converted over to disc brakes and if so what size of rotor dia will work with 15" rims
  9. Reg from Canada

Excitement Builds

The 3.45 ratio sounds like it would work well depending on trans is. What is the bolt pattern on the axles of the 7.5 I'm assuming 5 bolt and thank you for info
  10. Reg from Canada

Excitement Builds

Good news I did just get word that engine is in town and I can pick up tonight after work wish me luck on the heads not being cracked
  11. Reg from Canada

Excitement Builds

It would be nice if the one that came in the car could handle the extra horse power and could be a limited slip then I would not have to change out hubs/axles to match bolt patterns on wheels
  12. Reg from Canada

Excitement Builds

I haven't got that far yet. I have been looking for a Ford 8 inch but they hard to find being an older version. I would prefer the 8 inch as apposed to the 8.8 inch but might have to settle for 8.8 as there are lot more out there to chose from. The 8 inch housing is just a little smaller in...
  13. Reg from Canada

Excitement Builds

There is a company out there that makes shifters and linkages for swaps. When I get home will look up link and post. They make pretty much make all to fit your application you just need to send them some measurements and what tyranny you are using
  14. Reg from Canada

Excitement Builds

That's interesting a 6 speed in an Alpine. I will have to have a look I wonder what the difference in mounting would be compared to the T5
  15. Reg from Canada

Excitement Builds

Thank you for info will make note to search for 93 and latter T5 there are lots of T5s around.
  16. Reg from Canada

Excitement Builds

I do have a list of all the vehicles and years that came with 2.8 it's at home, I will try to remember to post the list once I'm back at home latter today. I got the list off Wikipedia it was very helpful also listed the vehicles and years that the 2.8 came with FI. I tried to find one with FI...
  17. Reg from Canada

Excitement Builds

Thank you
  18. Reg from Canada

Excitement Builds

Correction make that hollanderparts.com
  19. Reg from Canada

Excitement Builds

Yes I have also been looking for them but in Canada we seem to crush anything that old so that along with our population being smaller we didn't have that many to start with. Thank you for the link I will give it a try I have also been using Hollander.com and row52.com to search. I will more...
  20. Reg from Canada

Excitement Builds

Thank you