• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Lons 62

One wire alternator?

Jeff, I attached what I did. The wire on the back of the alternator to the starter solenoid switch with the ground being the alternator bracket. I don't have the wiring diagram for your vehicle, but mine is a 62 Series II. No doubt there are other methods out there, but mine seems to work...
  2. Lons 62

SII Ammeter

Found one! Thank you, though.
  3. Lons 62

SII Ammeter

I am looking for an ammeter for my 62 SII. Thanks in advance.
  4. Lons 62

One wire alternator?

My generator has finally given up the ghost and I will now convert to an alternator. I have seen posts about the 3-wire Hitachi 14231 but I can't seem to find a post about a recommendation for a particular 1-wire alternator. Anyone? ('62 SII)
  5. Lons 62

Series 2 carb leaks fuel

I couldn't find the replacement parts (2 carbs, of course) for the lower carb (the butterfly body for lack of a better term) so used a two-part epoxy on the shaft to tighten things up. I don't suspect it will last forever, but it is "still working" after two warm seasons of short driving. So...
  6. Lons 62

Series 2 carb leaks fuel

I have had a similar problems. It seems as if the lower carb assembly wore significantly (became looser) from the butterfly shaft's action and created a larger shaft opening. If you have shaft "play", that could be where the leak is from.
  7. Lons 62

Cap for Clutch Master Cylinder

I have one from my extra parts pile. My 62 SII has a plastic cap. I am not sure which year this is from. It's not in great shape but I am sure my father-in-law got it in the 70's when he was putting the 62 together.
  8. Lons 62

Voltage regulators and a conversion from a generator to an ALT

Well all, here's what I did. I sent the unit back. Easy fix. I will have to go with the time tested Mitsubishi alternator conversion. Thank you all for your help!
  9. Lons 62

Tom, I don't know a thing about alternators, generators, or voltage regulators as you can probably tell. I should say that I received no instructions on hookup for an alternator but I did for a generator. The receipt says alternator. The booklet on the unit says alternator, but maybe I have...
  10. Lons 62

Tom, This below link should work. Summit Racing, or rather their supplier, has no instructions on how to connect it. Thanks for the pointer to the instructions you supplied. That's what I was looking for. I believe those instructions have an external regulator (w/o looking right now) which...
  11. Lons 62

I am thinking that this has been posted before, but I couldn't find any posts on it now that I need it. I bought Summit Racing part #AD0-334-1782 which is an alternator in a 1962 SII generator body. So, I still have the generator but want to convert (and not use a Mitsubishi alternator or...
  12. Lons 62

Trunk hinges for a '62 Alpine

That's sound advice. Thank you!
  13. Lons 62

I was hoping to avoid the large price tag on Sunbeam Specialties but haven't checked Classic Sunbeam yet. Thanks for the tip! *** Both are the same price. I was hoping to find a better deal here. ***
  14. Lons 62

Looking for one or two trunk hinges. One of mine is stripped. UGH!
  15. Lons 62

Anyone going to Tiger United 40 in Sacramento?

Darn! I didn't know about this. Have plans already.
  16. Lons 62

Switch surrounds

Thank you. They are just what I need. I will order them today.
  17. Lons 62

Switch surrounds

I have seen a couple of posts for switch surrounds. I need a couple, too. 1962 SII. I particularly need the headlights switch surround but will need others in the future I am thinking. TIA
  18. Lons 62

Need a pulley/fan for a 62 SII generator

I am in need of a generator pulley/fan for a 1962 Sunbeam II. Actually could probably use the whole generator, if that's available out there. I suppose I could start with just the pulley/fan. Anyone???? **** Got it! THANK YOU! ****
  19. Lons 62

Gearbox oil suggestions??

Interesting. I was buying my SAE 30 oil only yesterday and noticed that there was also non-detergent available (NAPA oil). That is the first time that I have ever seen non-detergent oil in an auto parts store. I decided to go with the detergent and then thought I should ask you which one you...
  20. Lons 62

Gearbox oil suggestions??

This helps a lot! Thank you.