• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. E

Series V wanted

I was splitting the 5-7k at 6k and subtracting, but it is a nice car. I'm not a fan of the piping on the seats and I would have them redone with stock upholstery. I'm still waiting for the right car for me.
  2. E

Series V wanted

Yea he would have to come down by $2500 and that would be an insult to even ask.
  3. E

Series V wanted

That's a nice car but it is too much above my budget. I've been pretty good at sticking to a hard dollar amount so far.
  4. E

Series V wanted

Sounds good thanks for the info!
  5. E

Series V wanted

Thanks for the picture. 3000k miles in a car you don't know would make a memorable road trip!
  6. E

Series V wanted

Yes it would! He still has the car, but I'm new to Sunbeams and isn't that head off of a series IV and back? From my googling the Series V has rectangular ports around the spark plugs.
  7. E

Series V wanted

Yea that is what I'm looking for, lets see if he still has it.
  8. E

Series V wanted

He was asking 6k which was a tad high in my opinion but it looked like a great start as long as we could get it fired up. It hadn't run in 7 years.
  9. E

Series V wanted

That was the 1967 I was going to buy Thursday, he had a buyer from England put down a deposit for all 3 last night. So I'm off hunting again.
  10. E

Series V wanted

I just missed out on car and I appreciate the members on here pointing out some details on it and educating me on my soon to be our first Sunbeam. I want to buy a Series V and my budget is 5-7k. I am looking for the best car for the money, it must be a driver and the preferred color is green...
  11. E

Opinions needed on a Series V

Thanks for the pointers. The seller just took a deposit from a buyer in England so I was beat to the deal. I already took Thursday off so I will get to clean up the garage! I appreciate all of the advise on this and I will be posting a wanted add, can't have this money burning a hole in my...
  12. E

I talked with the owner today and he has pictures of when it was painted and the engine bay was taken down to bare metal, so I am hoping there isn't any rust hidden. I am going to check it out on Thursday so I am making my tool list to take with in order to get it fired up.
  13. E

Thanks ahead of time for the input gentlemen, it is appreciated.
  14. E

Yes sir, we thought that we had found a winner last year but on closer inspection it was a hack job by a "classic car" dealer and wasn't worth messing with. All pictures are from the seller and here are a couple more.
  15. E

With the dashboard, what makes it look homemade? Just asking because I have no experience with Sunbeams, if this was a GTO, or a Firebird I would be able to pick out these details at first glance.
  16. E

The engine matches the VIN, it hasn't been driven in 7 years and he says the brake servo is out? I am trying to get out there to see it/buy it on Tuesday. He has two others he is selling as well so hopefully someone with three cars would be a more reliable owner.
  17. E

I'm going to look at it this week and I will get some better pictures. Rust is a walk-away for me.
  18. E

We have been keeping an eye out for an affordable Alpine for about a year now and a 1967 has popped up within driving distance. From the description and talking with the owner it seems like a good driver. Here are a couple of pictures, can you guys see any red flags? This will be our first...
  19. E

1963 Series II?

Good to know, I'm enjoying learning the small details on these cars. Hopefully we will have one in the garage soon!
  20. E

1963 Series II?

Thank you sir, it looks like I have found the same thing.