• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

I still hate body work

twospeed

Donation Time
Drove the sIII today for the first time.Has not run on its own for over 25 years. All the big work is done and just need to get it into paint.

weaselkeeper

Silver Level Sponsor
Awesome work. Personnally, I think you nailed the headlights. I'm very interesteding knowing more about that.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
It does look good; I like the headlights too. I wish you had had it ready enough for the British Union show 2 weeks ago, I'd love to see it in person!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
What's with the blue tank? How much modification is required to use that space? Are there things there that need to be moved? All in all, looks very good. The wind up key should be invaluable on those occasions The Prince Of Darkness attacks the starter.

Bill

twospeed

Donation Time
The blue tank is a accusump tank. There realy is nothing under the cowl in that area,you cut the top off and your in a cowl support that runs from one side of the car to the other under the dash. What you see is the biggest hole you can cut with out opening it up to inside the car.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The blue tank is a accusump tank. There realy is nothing under the cowl in that area,you cut the top off and your in a cowl support that runs from one side of the car to the other under the dash. What you see is the biggest hole you can cut with out opening it up to inside the car.

Hmmm. Good info to know. There has to be some way I can utilize that space.

Bill

twospeed

Donation Time
Love those wheels, are they torque thrust? Did you just drill to get 5 lugs?
Yes they are Torq-Thrust "D"---The front hub I made out of billet and the rear end is a ford 7.5 with Moser axles.
14x6 in front and 14x7 in rear

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Great work!!!! I've always been somewhat of a purist but this car is potentially one of the best looking modified Alpines I've ever seen! The quality of the build looks tremendous. Best of luck with finishing it and, please, post pics when it's done!!!!

Take care,

Mod_Squad!

Bronze Level Sponsor
That looks awesome! I was going to do exactly the same thing on mine, with the headlights, a few years back when I was doing bodywork. Maybe I'll go that route in the future. I have a set of lights from my 912. Are you going to go with the clear lens with a headlight behind it or are you going to go with the fluted lens and the H3(?) behind it? I really love those headlights. I've been tempted to graft them onto ghias, type III's etc. I like your hood scoop too. Nice work. I was trying to come up with a similar, but much larger setup for the back of the car, to cover a single hoop roll bar but it seemed that it would be a bit obtrusive. I think the car looks great just the way it is :).
Have fun,
Bryan