• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Its Alive!!!

JonPiz

Donation Time
After 5 1/2 years into the nut and bolt rebuild, I finally got to the point of starting the engine after rebuilding it myself. After fitting the new electric fuel pump and a few coughs and splutters it fired up. I nearly cried!! This car probably hadnt run for at least 10 years. Its that moment when either it starts or the engine falls to pieces in front of you. Now I can get round to painting it which is the next goal by summer 2010.:D

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Congratulations!!! I hope the rest of your restoration brings you the same thrill as hearing her pur for the first time!

cheers,

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Yea, Jon. One of the best sounds in the world. I'll hoist a pint in your honor tonight, as I celebrate my country's independence from tyrannica -- err, sorry about that. Good on ya, Jon! :D

Ken

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

That's great news :) . There are definately some Kleenex moments, but don't let anyone see ;) .Keep us all informed with your prgress.

Regards, Robin.