• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rebuilt Zenith Twin 36WIP Carbs For Sale

63alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Pair of Zenith twin 36WIP carbs for sale. Professionally rebuilt in 2024 by Tsikuris Classics and taken from a running Series3 car. $240/pair including original linkages and fuel lines (Shipping not included). The manifold can be added for an additional $70 + shipping. PM me for more information.

Attachments

• IMG_5787.jpg
    IMG_5787.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5788.jpg
    IMG_5788.jpg
    974.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5791.jpg
    IMG_5791.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5793.jpg
    IMG_5793.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5795.jpg
    IMG_5795.jpg
    914.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5796.jpg
    IMG_5796.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5797.jpg
    IMG_5797.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5798.jpg
    IMG_5798.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5802.jpg
    IMG_5802.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5803.jpg
    IMG_5803.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15

63alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm not sure to be honest with you. I can say I was not aware of any issues with the bushings on the spindles.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I'm not sure to be honest with you. I can say I was not aware of any issues with the bushings on the spindles.
You mentioned you couldn't quite get them running right. Where the spindles pass through the bodies wear and create slight vac leaks which impacts the running.
The bodies can also wear around the butterfly and slightly oval also impacting the tunning.

@bernd_st sold some parts to help rebuild them properly

63alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Ah. Prior to the rebuild, spraying carb cleaner around the linkage would cause the idle speed to change slightly. After there was none of this. I’m not sure exactly what was done but this issue was resolved.

The issue I had was trying to keep the carbs in sync. They were running rich, and it was difficult getting enough cool air into the carbs with the pancake air cleaners in Florida. They would run better with no air filter in the winter but in the summer heat I was constantly adjusting and they would quickly get out of sync again. Hope this helps.

63alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
I added the K&N filter option to draw in cool air from the front rather than hot air from the top of the engine. This set up is much easier for me to maintain