• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Lot of free alpines

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
There are more than just Series 3's.

When I was stationed at Tinker AFB,OK back in 1977 to 1979 I found a Towing Yard on 23rd NE that had been in the towing business for more than 35 years. They were denied a renewal on the contract for the land by the son of the owner who had died.

There were "complete" cars there that never had any parts removed, year models from the early '40's up to 1977.

An offer to sell was posted to take all vehicles as is with the two late model wreckers for $ 100k. The trouble I had was locating a tract of land to move them to, in such a short time frame of three months.

I did manage to get a Dodge 440 and a very nice '72 Volvo unmolested, low mileage.

One of the owners was a Gibson. The discovery we were distant Cousins on my Mother's side paved the way for the two vheciles I was able to get.

The Yard was filled with Chey's and Fords that today would bring a few millions.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
A lot of rust, but I don't see any signs of rust through. Lots of good panels and saveable cars.

Bill

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
With all that leaf litter in the cockpits, I would bet there isn't a single intact floor in the lot.

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just for the record (when the FB listing goes away)

"I have a total of 15 1963 sunbeam alpines I need to get rid of."

OH BOY!!

DW

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
With all that leaf litter in the cockpits, I would bet there isn't a single intact floor in the lot.
Depends upon the climate. If the cars were in Indiana, there would not be enough floor to hold leaves. Central OK, a dry climate, maybe no problem.
Bill