• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

32/36 Fuel Line Routing

fastfrontier17

Donation Time
My series ii came to me with a 32/36. The fuel pump has a hard line that turns 90° and runs in front of the valve cover (under the expansion tank). The hard line stops near the center line of the car, and rubber fuel line makes the rest of the distance to the carb. I have the line routed so that its as far away from cylinder one as possible, but I'm still worried about it. Could anyone share photos or a description of how they have theirs routed?

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
That's kinda the way they go. I have my hard line going up further with maybe a 3" rubber hose going from it to the Weber.
This follows how they were run when they had Strombergs.

fastfrontier17

Donation Time
That's kinda the way they go. I have my hard line going up further with maybe a 3" rubber hose going from it to the Weber.
This follows how they were run when they had Strombergs.

I've been looking at images, and saw this later series run it a little further out, but I don't really care for it dangling, and it also has an exhaust manifold in lieu of header, so not really the same..

My brass inlet on my 32/36 is on the opposite side of the one pictured below as well, which complicates things a little more too.

Used-1968-Sunbeam-Alpine-ALL-ORIGINAL-CONVERTIBLE-1441984105.jpg

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
32/36 Webers have the fuel inlet on the right side. That one is a 38/38 which is a completely different carb( they kinda look the same)
than the 32/36. It has the fuel inlet on the right side. I also agree, I don't like the way they have the fuel line run.
Almost looks like it'll get caught up in the fan.