• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine Spotted in Movie (I think)

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
In the movie "Colombiana"
On DVD, chapter 15, 1:10 in.
When the bad guys go to the garage for the Mecedes. There's a side shot before and after they get in the Mercedes.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
IMCDB.ORG is your friend. :)

Yes, well spotted. Here's a link to IMCDB's entry on the item:

...and a couple of clips:

i456051.jpg

conv2z.jpg

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
The momentary glimpse in "10" isn't listed... Right before Dudley Moore crashes his Rolls convertible. (fortunately not into the Alpine.)

dwl11

Donation Time
Can't believed I missed it!

I just watched that movie last night and completely missed that. Have to keep my eyes fine tuned.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Is this possibly 2 different Alpines? The top picture looks silver or almost bare metal and it looks like there is a mirror on the door. While the bottom picture looks white with much more gloss and no mirror on the door and possibly no vent windows.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Nah, it's the same car. Mirror is on the left front wing in both shots. Apparent color shift is just reflected light differences resulting from the camera angle change.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yeah, I guess what I'm seeing as the vent window is actually the curve in the windshield. I guess what looks like a mirror on the door is possibly a rifle carried by the guy runing past it.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Plus the pint of oil on the ground beneath it is the same in each.
Not to mention the huge gaps all around the door...

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I looked for a thread with pictures of movie cars. Didn't find it, but found this thread. Here is a picture from one of the Flint movies. In the scene, at a drive in movie theater, they have the Alpine as well as the Midget, an MGB, a TR4, an Alfa, and that Renault. I wonder what went into that set up.

Alpine on Flint.jpg

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I guess they didn't want the mirror on the Alpine to show reflections of the movie staff members / gear.

Mike

mikephillips

Donation Time
I remember a couple times in the Batman TV series seeing a red Alpine. One in a drive way and one with a teen couple when Batman pulled into a drive in next to it and ordered, "two Bat-burgers and two orangeaides, doubles"...

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Can't find the Danger Man image. But one of the most beautiful women ever to sit in an Alpine - though sadly for me, I think she made another English roadster that much sexier.

Alpine with Peel.jpg Alpine with Peel 2.jpg