• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

S2 Cubby box

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
I'm in stalling a new cubby box and trim, sourced from Sunbeam Specialties. The trim piece has posts instead of studs. How is it supposed to be attached? One post doesn't even go all the way through the dash?

Thanks for input.

Attachments

• Cubby trim.jpg
    Cubby trim.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 45

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
It goes between the dash and the surround, the far end can be a challenge also, be creative.
Jeff

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
I know how it fit's, the issue is how to keep it there with post's and not studs. The only thing I can think of is a push on nut where I can and adhesive where I can't.

PS: Rick had no input. I think I have the last one he had and he doesn't remember how it goes.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
They are just sort of tensioned on the dash. They are difficult to get in the holes, but once in they
are in, they are difficult to remove. It can be done, just go slowly and carefully. On the corner where it meets
the dash roll it's just sandwiched between the dash and the roll. I know it sounds counter intuitive
but then there are lots of that type of thing with the cars of this era that are just that.

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks for the feedback, working on the issue today.

Tom, I think I got Rick's last one, I know he hasn't any right now.