• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Heat/defrost control cable connection

Imperialist1960

Donation Time
I have the heater/defroster control cable in my hand.

I can't see where it lands to control the flap that diverts incoming air one way or the other. Where is it supposed to connect?

I have it on the dash control lever - got that far at least.

mikephillips

Donation Time
You should see an arm sticking out of one side of the flapper box with a sort of U shape to the end. This U will have a hole through it and should have a cable stop like below that the inner wire cable goes through and is retained by the screw. With the cable in place in the center of the U the stop then will not fall out.

Attachments

• cable stop.jpg
    cable stop.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 6

Imperialist1960

Donation Time
Flapper Box

Aye Aye.

But where is the flapper box?

I see toroidal fan mech and I see a rectangular dump where the foot warming air comes out. I looked for it, but did not see it.

This is a SII, by the way.

How do I navigate to the flapper box control arm from the fan mechanism? Left, right, down, around.....?

mikephillips

Donation Time
Can you post a picture of the area under the dash of the top of the transmission tunnel. With an early Alpine, heaters were not always standard equipment so its possible you installation is incomplete. A picture or two would show what's there.

Chazbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
repair broken wire at control

So i was trying to come up with a clever way to fix the heater control cable at the control end that wrapped around a shaft and came up with this seemingly great solution... I drilled and cut off a piece of steal and cut a slot in it and brazed on the wire to it...With a little grease it really slides nicely.
Ill include a picture..

Attachments

• 0611161308a_HDR_resized.jpg
    0611161308a_HDR_resized.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 24