• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New Dual Master Cylinder?

racerguy99

Donation Time
I've read all I can on replacing the stock single master on my Series II, with a dual master, giving me a safer dual circuit system. It appears the Nissan F10 is the common choice, and it appears kinda pricey if/when it is available. I've also read some about using a 71 Dodge Colt master, like this: http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...Master-Cylinder-Remfd/_/R-NMBP2264_0358914730

It looks like this one has two different port sizes (weird to me...). The bore size is listed as .687, which seems good. Anyone use this? Any problems?

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
It lists the 10mm size for the brake line fittings and 7mm for the bleeder fittings. If you want remote or reservoirs mounted on master look at Wilwood or Tilton.

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
dual brake master

NAPA came up as discontinued/obsolete on this Dodge cylinder, I was hoping to get a look at one before committing to one of these.
Rockauto came up with one at about the same price as NAPA showed, but the illustration was a little different, and the one UPS delivered a few days later looks different yet!
But it came in a NAPA box, part #39022 :confused:
The brake line ports both come off the top of the cylinder, one between the reservoirs and one in front of.It came with only one reservoir. IE one missing.
A quick trial fit shows that it should clear the cowl brace and steering box and it does fit the firewall bolt spacing. My 2.8 is not fitted yet, but it should clear the valve cover.
I've not yet checked the line sizes or bore size, but I think I'll go with this in the absence of the Nissan cylinder!

weaselkeeper

Silver Level Sponsor
Am curious how this mc fit. I can't located an f10 anywhere so was looking at other options. Can you post or pm me with a progress check or some pics? Thanks in advance.

I recently receive a mc that was supposed to be for an f10, but the outlets were on the bottom and fouled the steer box.

robertf

Donation Time
IMG_0710.JPG

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Robertf what is the part number for your master cylinder in the PIC you POSTED??

racerguy99

Donation Time
I ordered mine from O'Reilly's. P/N 11-1713. Obviously, I ain't got it in yet. It does have "11/16" cast in it...

Attachments

• MC.jpg
    MC.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 62

gdive

Donation Time
Hi racer. Back in the 80s I adapted a stock 70s Ford non-power MC to my Alpine firewall and it worked fine. At the time I had stock disc on the front and drum on the back. I ran one port to the original booster and used it for the front and the other port connected directly to the line that went to the back axle. So the fronts had power assist, the backs were just pedal power. I have since installed rear disc and went to an ABS brand electric pump style system that works awesome. I never found the Sunbeam brakes to be that great and I have had my car for 30 years, with various braking system mods done to it.