• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

New Tiger came home today!

atallamcs

Donation Time
Earlier this week, I saw a Craigslist ad for a 1965 Tiger located just around the corner from my house. So, I had to take a peak, expecting the usual, tired and rusted, dying for restoration car--but what I found and purchased was a very nice, rust free car. It has quite a few LAT options on it and a few lesser personalizations but all in all a very solid car as it just came back from the mechanic's review. And yes, this is the original color. If anyone wants to buy the wheels, just drop me a pm. This will be my wife's car.
Bill Atalla

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bill,

You are seriously starting a rootes dealership! Thats 2 harringtons, 2 (or 3?) SII's, SIV racecar, Black GT Tiger, you also previously had the yellow SIV, the other red SII and the other MKI... its a dealership!

atallamcs

Donation Time
Dealership

Michael, you do have a good memory, how embarassing you recall all my Sunbeam ventures. I am moving out the Harrington Le Mans, the Wedgewood Blue Series II with hardtop and the Red Series I with hard top. Any of those, $7500 each. That is a good deal and my garage will reveal some work space.
Bill

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bill,

I'm just waiting for you to buy some hillmans and singers.. perhaps a humber estate and commer van.. collect the whole set :p

jimfai

Donation Time
nice looking car, i have the same wheels on my series 3 with a v6 conversion. if i can ask what was the asking price on it? i hope to buy one in the futre so always keeping track. you can pm me if you like? thanks, jim

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Bill,

What a great find and it looks like it has had plenty of TLC. No One can argue your love for the Rootes group vehicles with a list like yours. I love the idea of a his and hers... no arguing over who is going to drive. Another candidate for an EZ-EFI system ;) .

Regards, Robin.

atallamcs

Donation Time
New Tiger

Thanks for all the kind remarks. I purchased this car for US$20,000 which I thought was a good deal and after the mechanics review it turned out to be a great deal. I would like to slow down my collecting pace to end up with two tigers, one alpine race car and one harrington. So please relieve me of three of my cars. Would love to know the brand of the wheels on the new tiger.
Thanks all!
Bill

66tiger289

Donation Time
Earlier this week, I saw a Craigslist ad for a 1965 Tiger located just around the corner from my house. So, I had to take a peak, expecting the usual, tired and rusted, dying for restoration car--but what I found and purchased was a very nice, rust free car. It has quite a few LAT options on it and a few lesser personalizations but all in all a very solid car as it just came back from the mechanic's review. And yes, this is the original color. If anyone wants to buy the wheels, just drop me a pm. This will be my wife's car.
Bill Atalla
Nice Find Bill and Happy Birthday!!!!

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
That Tiger looks like utter rubbish and I'd be very worried about it rusting through at any moment... plus the car looks all wrong in terms of originality and I suspect it's nothing more than a cheap Alger.

If you sell it to me for your original price of $20K, I'll be sure to dispose of it properly so that it no longer worries you.

;)

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bill, they look like a modification of the wheels on my car. These are Appliance Wheels, circa 1988.
IMG_0355.jpg

In my opinion, eliminating the inner row of triangles was not a good idea.

Bill

atallamcs

Donation Time
Wheels

They look very similar. I am not sure the triangles were removed, if so, professionally done as there is no sign of their existance.
Bill

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
They look very similar. I am not sure the triangles were removed, if so, professionally done as there is no sign of their existance.
Bill

I think that deleting the triangles in the mould would be pretty simple. The question then becomes "Why?" Sure didn't help the looks of the wheel.

Bill

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I think that deleting the triangles in the mould would be pretty simple. The question then becomes "Why?" Sure didn't help the looks of the wheel.

Bill

It may have been just to add to Appliance's wheel selection. They made a variety of wheels. I had Appliance wheels on a Pinto. Check the center caps for a stylized "A". That would indicate Appliance wheels

atallamcs

Donation Time
Mystery Solved

For all of you worried about my Appliance wheels and triangles--the po just painted them over in black, so they are there! Whew, sorry to worry so many of you--but truthfully, they are the first thing to go on the car.
Bill

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
For all of you worried about my Appliance wheels and triangles--the po just painted them over in black, so they are there! Whew, sorry to worry so many of you--but truthfully, they are the first thing to go on the car.
Bill

Not to worry. You asked, I replied. And I might add, correctly.

Bill