• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Wanda

1. W

green but brave..'63 restore

Thanks! I appreciate ya! In the meantime... I have an ex-military co-worker who wants to come take a look. He said that he has a lot of experience and wanted to give me " the local perspective". Since this guy lives here and has done some of this work himself he can give me a better idea of of...
  2. W

Hey Jim. I think that you are correct about the scoop. The bonnet that it is attached to is in pretty good shape as well. I like the look of the "smooth" bonnet and was not sure if I was going to use this part or not. Might look like all of my goodies will be on the chopping block. Still on...
  3. W

LOL. Thanks for the encouragement... but this car is a looooooong way from driving. You know? Even if I can't get her on the road...I am learning alot. I know absolutely nothing about engines or cars for that matter. I can check the oil and fill the windshield wash and gas tank. I managed to...
  4. W

Thanks for the offer Al. But if you see my latest post, you will understand my hesitation. It is a crazy hassel to find someone who will ship, and then it is an absolute fortune. Peace, Wanda
  5. W

Thanks Ouch! Well I guess my inexperience is really showing. I hear you when you say that I should buy another shell. The reason that I purchased this car is because it was the only one around. I had looked at having project cars shipped and the cost was astronomical! ( If they would ship at...
  6. W

Dan. You rock buddy. Thanks for the speedy reply. Did you drill though the chassis welds to remove the body? Or will this work with everything intact? Sorry if it's a stupid question. I was told that because it's a unibody construction, everything stays in one piece...unless you drill out the...
  7. W

Pics of my S3-- stop laughing! it's not funny! Still 2 crates of parts to sort through, but my inventory is marching along. Here are some pics as she is right now. Be kind. She makes me cry a little sometimes. LOL :rolleyes:
  8. W

Thanks Chuck Fella. Yeah..NFLD time zone is a bit of an oddity. Suits us fine, though. Regarding the car origin? Absolutely no idea. To be totally honest I was looking at getting an old Datsun. When that didn't pan out, my best girl decided that we should pick up the beast of a Sunbeam. She...
  9. W

help wanted

Hmmm.... right. Thanks mike.
  10. W

Yup! Just found my mistake. I was correct the first time. Funny Mike. I just found my serial number listed in the registry. I don't remember adding it. Does someone do this automatically? Thanks for checking in.
  11. W

help wanted

Thanks Ron. I just dug out my log book that I started so that I could track my progress.( 3 pages entered, LOL) I had started doing inventory of what I had recieved with the car so that I could see what I had and what I needed. Good thing I did. I realized that the engine was not in the trunk...
  12. W

Hey. I found an old original post from a while ago when I first registered here. The plate in the engine bay reads as follows: BC4 9201854 LRX SB 61 I think that I was incorrect when I said I had a 63. Obviously it should be a 61. But I believe that it is a series 3. Where and how...
  13. W

Gotcha! Sorry if that was painful for everybody. So I'm looking to crawl into all the nooks and crannies with a wire brush? So be it! Hmmm....Maybe I'll hire some cheap labour. I know some people who will work for beer.;) Thanks folks
  14. W

Thanks H. But am I correct in saying that the body can be removed as a whole to expose the chassis and suspension and the like? It just can't be removed piece by piece, but only as one unit right? Where in the hell is it bolted on? Or is that a weld too?