• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by slippery_biscuit

1. S

race car

Very nice. yep, yep, yep. That your vette in the background??
  2. S

Painless Wiring Harness

I went overboard and mounted a marine circuit breaker panel in the cowl, under the bonnet. Kinda trick and certainly functional, but as I mentioned, a bit over the top.
  3. S

Huge Inventory of Sunbeam Pars

Is the fuel cell an after market model? thanks, Jeff
  4. S

It was good to see you, Jose

Terribly sorry I couldn't give you a ride. I owe you a digital clip when I'm back on the road. You looked great, better than when I last saw you. :) Must be that fine lving in S.A. Travel safe! Jeff
  5. S

A-Rod

Nothing subtle about that one...
  6. S

Engine upgrade options

When you walk into a big Sunday brunch spread, it is unlikely you will be able to sample everything. There is just too much. This is what comes to mind when I read your inquiry. Getting to 200 should be no problem. The decisions how are really more a matter of preference. Good luck.
  7. S

I hope I'm not being rude...

Looking at 54 this summer. I think. Have to do the math every year when someone asks. So still relatively young... just under 8 in dog years!
  8. S

Just when you thought you were about to make some headway

Dang. This is making me think I ought to make a size adjustment with the length of firewood I cut. 12-16 inches instead of 18-20. I'm building a playhouse for the grandkids right now... those 4x6's might give me a little pause nowl:)
  9. S

Through Paris at 140 mph

Heard of this years ago... I'm wondering about the speed of the film. Judging from the time it takes to go thru an intersection, trees passing, and road line markings the speed doesn't seem to be there. Not questioning the story, but just the media to showing it. Still looks like fun!
  10. S

OffSet for Alpine IV

Does the width of the proposed wheel come into play in determining this offset?
  11. S

Caution?carburetor eye candy inside??

Beautiful and classy looking. Did you strip and build it yourself? Just asking as I was looking thru the June issue of Hotrod and saw a picture of a Q-series carburator. You might have a look.... Then again, might be old news. http://www.quickfueltechnology.com/home_2.htm
  12. S

Motion to remove "Politics / Religion / Rants / Manifestos"

Makes no difference to me whether this stays or goes. I believe online forums are great for sharing information. I think they are a poor place to have a "conversation" regarding emotionally charged topics. When a person looks periodically, well, I don't see how a conversation can be strung...
  13. S

Confessions

Let's see what the others say, but I am thinking you would be okay. I would flush a few times, a couple with an appropriate detergent, and then lots of water.
  14. S

Carpet Installation

Looks like a good boot there. What does the toggle in the steering column cover operate?
  15. S

metal covers for softtop SIV Series

I'll see if I can run down those covers. If I still have them it would be nice to see them put to use.