• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Sabertooth

1. Sabertooth

WANTED" DECK LID w/round corners

I have 2 trunk lids and tons of other stuff. Atlanta area.
  2. Sabertooth

1967 Alpine for sale

Is the car still available?
  3. Sabertooth

Project Sabertooth

I actually have been working on the project even thought it doesn't look like much progress. I got the fuel tank mounting created and the rear frame section pretty much completed. In the background you can see some of the new additions to my tool collection. The finger brake will be getting a...
  4. Sabertooth

Project Sabertooth

I have been making progress slowly but surely. I have created body mounts and the body is now resting on the frame rails. I started the radiator mounts, not satisfied, so this will be a do-over. I started to mock up the exhaust yesterday. Spintech 304 oval tubing transitioning to round into...
  5. Sabertooth

Sunbeam 2000 build

Very cool. Which windshield and header did you use? I was planning to go with a later hardtop, but this makes far more sense. I currently don't have any of the pesky interior sheetmetal in the way, so now would be the time to make the call.
  6. Sabertooth

Project Sabertooth

Yesterdays project was to establish ride height. Next is creating body mounts and mounting the body to the frame.
  7. Sabertooth

Series 1 floor pan complete + other stuff

OK, this thing is in the way. It does have a new X-member and the frame rails are straight and true. If nobody wants it, I'm cutting it up for scrap. Price: FREE - come haul it away.
  8. Sabertooth

Series 1 floor pan complete + other stuff

I have the entire unit body pan from core support to rear valance. The floor pan in the passenger area is new as is the trunk floor. The x brace has been replaced. The "frame rails" are sound and straight. The mustang front crossmember in the picture is not included. $350.00 take it all. I...
  9. Sabertooth

Project Sabertooth

We made some big headway today. The entire floor section/unit body is now out in one piece from front to rear. Now the real work begins.
  10. Sabertooth

Project Sabertooth

So here are some of the latest pictures. I might try to do some sort of rendering of what I think the car will look like. Should be fairly interesting. I'm not an artist but Photoshop might have an answer.
  11. Sabertooth

Project Sabertooth

Like I said in the beginning, I suck at documentation. Quite a bit of progress has been made since the last post. The trans x-member is done. The rear end center section is hung. I figured out that 09 CTS-V half shafts work with a little machine work. I built front shock mounts. Mocked...
  12. Sabertooth

Project Sabertooth

This Saturday will be trans cross member and bracing as well as rear end placement and mounting. Then if I have time, fitting the exhaust.
  13. Sabertooth

Project Sabertooth

Engine and trans mocked up. I ran out of shielding gas so this is as far as I made it.
  14. Sabertooth

Project Sabertooth

Six hours of measuring, leveling and laser siting and I now have the two main side rails tacked together. Doesn't look like much for all the time. Also sold the 302 on Thursday, one more thing gone.
  15. Sabertooth

Various parts and pieces

I dug the dash out. It is fairly complete, the instruments are restore-able. I need to find the steering column and check the TS lever. The picture is too large. I can email to you if interested.