• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Rootes 66

1. R

Heater Control Switch Knobs

If Warren is selling on behalf of the club I advocate you buy from him, our clubs need all the support there is Pete
  2. R

Wipac Back Up Light Wanted

Some shipping prices have increased recently from the UK. As it happens I've just priced up shipping of a new pair of Wipacs to the USA, fully insured tracked and signed for and it works out at £24.30 Thats 750g and a 5 to 7 day service. The Royal mail has informed us shipping is...
  3. R

WIPAC S210A SAE R66 Mounting Nut

Rick It's 1/2" BSF X 16 Tpi We didn't use metric until the 70's
  4. R

Sunbeam Alpine. Permanently curing sump leaks.

Tim Mike was asking how well silicone stands up to gasoline and you don't have to look too hard to find information, Most of us have had a fuel pump diaphram go, that would be enough to contaminate the oil to cause the silicone to start breaking down.
  5. R

RL keys

RL keys were produced for a boot (trunk) lock that was set back in a recess hence the longer shaft, it was still on the drawing board Jan 67 so possibly for the Arrows range. I doubt our vehicles were supplied with them though. The cut profile is exactly the same as RM keys and can be used...
  6. R

Sunbeam Alpine. Permanently curing sump leaks.

Before going to any great expense I would recommend asking for a sample piece of the gasket and carrying out your own experiment by submerging in a jar of gasoline and checking the results after say 24 hours then after a week. A number of years ago I made silicone gaskets for the tappet chest...
  7. R

Rocker/ valve issue

You've got two front shafts, the one at the rear has been turned around to act as a rear. build a rear set of rockers up using the correct shaft and you'll get away with the poor rocker machining, The shafts are not interchangeable,
  8. R

Rocker/ valve issue

Iron head engines have shorter rockers, If you ran it you were very lucky not to have a lock up. The solid pushrods would give reason to look a little more closely at the engine and again its lucky they were used as tubular rods would likely bind on the wall in the rocker well.
  9. R

New tool

Looks like an early version of "The Click adjust" Gunsons make a similar tool.
  10. R

Late Series flasher switch knob

Sorted, thanks guys, Stay safe Pete
  11. R

Flat top pistons

They certainly look like the Hepolites used in the high compression engines, cross drilled and solid skirted, the numbers from memory are about right too. BUT They are used A New set if you can find them will have bidders all over them and expect to pay £450+ for std and £600 for...
  12. R

Hood will not open!

Sold well at Spares day in May
  13. R

Map pocket

It looks like MGB
  14. R

SII 'Hockey Sticks' and 3D printing?

Jim I discussed with Eric 10 or 12 years ago about reproducing them and then again with Tony at this years UK spares day at the Archive centre, both times we concluded there was no significant demand for them, The guy in Cali is possibly the first to ask for them in all that time. Might be...
  15. R

Alpine / Tiger Black Plastic Heater Switch Knobs

I've got some. £10 a pair which includes £4+ Shipping to the US, insurance and paypal fees. With a new Gun dog in training and the fishing season just started please be patient if you don't get an immediate reply to PM's, Thanks. Pete