• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by PstrTed

1. P

Starter spins!

Regarding the continuity check last night; yes, the battery was disconnected at the time. I don’t have time for further investigation this week due to upcoming camping trip, but I ordered a new ignition switch this morning. Will resume repair in ten days. Thanks.
  2. P

Starter spins!

Wow! With key out I have continuity between one and two, one and three, and one and four. Does that mean the switch is totally shot?
  3. P

Starter spins!

Thanks in advance. I’ll investigate!
  4. P

Starter spins!

Our 1966 Sunbeam Alpine has a new battery, new solenoid, and a new starter… all replaced this summer. Twice this past weekend, when I attempted to start the car, the starter spun wildly, sounding like an airplane. I had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop! Always something! ‍ Where do I...
  5. P

Solenoid wiring

PROBLEM SOLVED - Thanks mhartman.net, The anchor nut at the battery cable connection post on new starter was not tight…consequently I didn’t adequately tighten the outer nut. Whew! Thanks!
  6. P

Starting issue

One more bit of input….. I’ve got 13v at the Battery posts and 13v at the battery cable post on the top of solenoid.
  7. P

Starting issue

hartmandm, Thanks for your response. (See photos attached.) Starter cable attaches at the bottom of solenoid, positive battery cable attaches at the top, red/white ignition wire on the ”S” post closest to the battery input. Nothing on the “I” Post. Where would I look for an engine ground strap...
  8. P

Starting issue

I’m reading all these questions and responses hoping to figure out my problem, but so far I’m stumped. Here‘a my situation: ‘66 Alpine, electronic ignition, new fully-charged battery with clean connections, new starter, new 4 terminal solenoid with “I” connector empty (no cold start green wire)...