• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Paul67's latest activity

• P
    Paul67 reacted to hartmandm's post in the thread No spark frustration with Like Like.
    Looks like an aftermarket solenoid. I think I might have one of these given to me from a fellow forum member. Sounds like you have...
  • P
    Paul67 replied to the thread No spark frustration.
    Could well be. It was on a SIV that was in storage for 27 years. So at least that old. Its over-sprayed with green paint as the original...
  • P
    It's not the easiest thing to see but as I said, instead of those 2 brown wires terminating at the solenoid they go under it and are...
    • 20240325_214319.jpg
  • P
    • 20240325_213802.jpg
  • P
    Ok. So the green wire went to a switch under the dash that didn't seem to be connected to anything. I pulled the wire from the fuse...
  • P
    Mike. On my solenoid I have everything except #4. Those wires just loop back to the firewall/bulkhead and disappear....or so it seems...
  • P
    So as I mentioned the car now runs. One thing I did notice when looking at a post about starter solenoids was that my wiring is not...
  • P
    Paul67 reacted to Bill Blue's post in the thread No spark frustration with Like Like.
    Solenoids can be something to deal with. I had an uncle whose1975ish AMC would suddenly die, but would always restart. Several...
  • P
    Paul67 reacted to hartmandm's post in the thread No spark frustration with Like Like.
    Great news! I am curious about your replacement starter solenoid. The replacement starter solenoids usually aren't setup to support the...
  • P
    Both solenoids were essentially identical. ( 2 main posts and two blade connections) the car with the issues did indeed have the white...
  • P
  • P
    SOLVED!!!! Thank you, Mike!! All of those symptoms came back to the starter solenoid. I swapped out the relatively brand new shiny one...
  • P
    Did you diagnose why the starter continued cranking? It could be your starter solenoid and not the ignition switch. I'd start with some...
  • P
    Ok loose electrical would seem to be it. Here's the final piece of the puzzle perhaps? In addition to the originally listed issues, I...
  • P
    Paul67 reacted to Acollin's post in the thread No spark frustration with Like Like.
    I think you may have a loose electrical connection. The word “intermittent” Got me thinking of electrical oddities in my two cars. A...