• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by mbrianrobinson

1. M

Tiger workshop manual to swop for alpine manual

1725 manual on line If you just need access to the Alpine info, see the site at http://www.rootes1725cc.info/ for the manual online. Used to have to subscribe, not sure if that is true anymore.
  2. M

Intake manifold mod assitance needed

We are getting our Alpine (Yellow #10 with SOVREN) ready for racing this spring, and are going back to the Stromberg CD150 carbs to comply with the rules. I am working on the intake manifold, and need some assistance with how to deal with the crossover chamber between the two carb passages...
  3. M

Carbs, Intake parts

What series carbs Can you tell me what series carbs you have?
  4. M

#10 Yellow Sovren Alpine

Need assistance with carb rules Tracy, You seem to know a bit about the rule book, and we could use a bit of assistance with what carbs SOVREN will allow if we race in FP, SCCA rules. The car came with Stromberg 150CD carbs, I don't think they will flow enough for us. As we understand it...
  5. M

#10 Yellow Sovren Alpine

SOVREN No. 10 yellow alpine Sorry for the very late response. The yellow Alpine racing in the NW with SOVREN belongs to Mark Robinson and Paul Archer. Had it for three years now, minor upgrades (new paint, dash, tires). Presently rebuilding engine for spring. Much enjoying car, aside...
  6. M

Alpine racing clutch

The engine was built from a Series V, now bored and stroked to about 1990cc. The flywheel came from that series, was lightened and balance with the engine internals. We actually use two transmissions, an old on from I believe a Series 2, the first gear is non-syncro. We also have a later...
  7. M

Alpine racing clutch

OK, our old #10 needs a fresh clutch, needs to fit to the original flywheel. Any ideas for a source that would be stronger than an OEM type of piece?
  8. M

SOVREN Race

SOVREN Alpine #10 With regards to our showing at the Seattle SOVREN Defrost meet, our new engine had damaged a head gasket between cyl. 3 and 4, and was running poorly as a result. Still had problems at Spring Sprints, although managed to get through qualifying before another gasket failure...
  9. M

Need Weber aux. venturis

I am not familiar with those terms. The venturis that I need have been machined at the top (if the carb were standing on it's base) edge so that there is a small annular area between the venturi and the carb body into which slides the air horn. I have attached a photo of one of these type...
  10. M

Need Weber aux. venturis

I need two aux venturi's for a 40DCOE, the kind where the air horn slides down around the venturi. They need to have a 4.5 size marking on them. Any help out there?