• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by louis_b95

1. louis_b95

Engine identification

@RootesRooter : do you mean these numbers?
  2. louis_b95

Engine identification

@husky drvr : there are some blue spots inside the engine bay, so I think the original color could be blue. What makes you think the car had serious damage? @65beam : I bought this car from a Belgian owner and is now still in Belgium. Sadly, I have no information about it's previous history.
  3. louis_b95

Engine identification

It looks to me that the VIN plate is not original, but if it helps: here are the numbers
  4. louis_b95

Engine identification

Hello, Could anyone identify the engine of my Alpine SIV(a)? The engine number on the block shows 6L 1236230 and my chassis number is B94103486 RRO G. I can't find any car of the Rootes group with engine numbers starting with 6L... Many thanks! Louis
  5. louis_b95

Alpine Series IV headlight issue

Thanks for all the useful help! After reconnecting the headlight on the right, it seems to work again (but only in high beam). So I will recplace the headlight with a new one. Any recommendations for which brand to choose from? I found these online...
  6. louis_b95

Dan, both headlights work only when I engage the steering column switch. Ken, I didn't know there were different filaments for low- and high beam. Seems like a good suggestion to move the working light to the other position. This leaves me with the other question about the dip switch: the...
  7. louis_b95

I recently bought a '65 Alpine series IV (RHD, chassis B941) and it has an issue with it's right headlight. When I turn the light switch fully down, only the left headlight works. But when I pull the turn signal switch towards the steering wheel, both headlights seem to work fine. So the...