• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by jimandi

1. J

Windshield and surround

John, It's a fairly simple job if you take your time. There are either five or seven nuts holding the frame on. One or two visible on each side with the doors open and one in the middle of the dash and one on either side of the middle bolt about 18 inches right and left. I bought my...
  2. J

Windshield opinion

Robbo, I bought a v/b windshield a couple of months ago because it was $99 on sale. It fit well and I have not noticed any distortion in it. Also have had no problems so far. I did use Rick's seals with it though. In mho its a good buy. Jim
  3. J

Series IV hood and trunk lid

series IV trunk and hood I live in Redding and would be glad to drive down and pick up the bonnet and boot. Sure would hate to see them go to the dump. If you still have them E-mail me at jimandi@jps.net Jim
  4. J

Timing marks

Standing in front of the car the pulley rotates clockwise. If your pulley had all the marks the first one would be 30* before TDC and count down 5* a mark to TDC. Therefore the 10* mark comes before TDC as the engine rotates. Jim
  5. J

ampmeter light

Thanks for all the info. My amp meter is definitely different. Needle swings from the top, no internal cover over the needle and only 30 amps. I am going to the All British Car Show in Woodland, Ca Sunday so I'll try to check out some of the other Sunbeams or perhaps find another gauge. Thanks...
  6. J

ampmeter light

Let me rephrase the question. My amp meter is Lucas. Should it be Smiths? Did the stock amp meter have a hole for a snap in light like the tach,oil and speedo? Jim
  7. J

ampmeter light

My late series IV amp meter does not have a hole for a snap in light like the other gauges. Instead it has two narrow windows at the bottom of the gauge, I suppose for an external light. The light would have to be mounted underneath and behind the dash. Is this stock or a PO replacement ? If...
  8. J

Won't idle

If you have a pvc valve try blocking it off with a plug. My series IV acted the same way, sometimes it would idle great, sometimes lousy. Blocking the pvc helped. Jim
  9. J

speedometer cable

Ron, Thanks for solving my problem. I think part of the cable end broke off and its too short to go deep enough into the speedo. I didn't want to buy a new cable if it was just installed backwards. Again thanks. Jim
  10. J

speedometer cable

Thanks for the replies, but my concern is for the inner cable. I'm not sure it was installed correctly by the PO. Does the end with the nylon fitting go into the speedo or the tranny?
  11. J

speedometer cable

Hi all, Can anyone tell me which end of the speedometer cable goes into the tranny? The end with the nylon fitting seems too short for the speedometer or else the speedometer is bad and I just got it back from Nisonger. Can you pull the inner cable out of the housing from inside the car or do...
  12. J

Wiring Loom

Hi All, I recently replaced the windshield and dash pad in my series IV. I also removed the dash and the instruments. I am now in the process of replacing the dash and the wiring loom and I'm having trouble figuring out the original position of the loom. I can't find the places where the...
  13. J

Carnival Red PPG Code

carnival red Tower Paints is located in the midwest and has the formulas for all car colors. they will mix one ounce for touch up or a 12 ounce spray can. The spray can I think cost about 20 bucks. My car is carnival red and it matched the color under the hood latch, but my car has oxidized...
  14. J

Elec fuel pump with weber 32/36

electric fuel pump with weber 32/36 Robo, Do you have a part number for the carter fuel pump you bought? Thanks, Jim
  15. J

Anyone know whats going on? Electronics Question

What's going on Mike, I have a 1965 Series IV and it came with POSITIVE EARTH. Tachometer is imprinted on the face of the dial with "positive earth." Your car could have been changed to negative by PO. If you don't have a battery installed and you are going to change to negative with a...