• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Jim

1. J

Dual strombergs - sputters at high speed.

Thanks very much for the advice. I'm looking into it.
  2. J

Dual strombergs - sputters at high speed.

67 series V Alpine. It seems like the carb bowl is running empty. After a few seconds at wide open, it starts sputtering and wont go above a certain speed, Around 70mph. I tried turning out the jet at the bottom of the carb, but that doesn't seem to help. It runs good until that time. I have...
  3. J

Door glass

Installed the glass this weekend. It went pretty well. I had to use both cork strips. One by itself was too loose. Thanks to all for you help
  4. J

Door glass

I got the "cork" tape or "channel" tape from the glass shop. They said you get the strip wet, and it is supposed to hold the glass in. I hope to try it this weekend. I am concerned though. If I put the channel on before putting the glass in the door, how do I get the regulator attached to...
  5. J

Door glass

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find a glass shop that has it.
  6. J

Door glass

I am trying to figure out how to mount the door glass into the bottom channel in the door. The glass currently has some rubber like piece on it. Where can I get a replacement for this? Is there any glue that holds it into the channel? I can roll the window up, but it does not come down...
  7. J

No Spark at the plugs

Thanks very much You guys are great. I've haven't worked on it much, but the info you've given me is great. I'm hoping to make some progress on it. I agree with RootesRacer that 1ohm should be pretty good. Kind of a middle of the road resistance that should help. Now that I have my...
  8. J

No Spark at the plugs

Thanks Very much Thanks for all of your replies. I have not worked on it very much since I posted, but I'm trying. I was unable to find a resistor at Napa, they searched their parts list and found nothing. It does run, OK now, for about 10-15 seconds. I think it is a carburator problem...
  9. J

No Spark at the plugs

Hi, I have a SV with no spark at the plugs. I just replaced the points with an electronic ignition. There was tape around the ballast resistor, I removed it and discovered the resistor was broken. How do I get it to run without the resistor? Where can I get a new resistor? Is there...