• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by jdoclogan

1. jdoclogan

Sparto bases, inward-mount type

I've received stainless steel tubing that is the same OD and wall thickness as an original base. I believe I will be able to fabricate new bases. We shall see. Cheers Jerry
  2. jdoclogan

Series I & II Chrome B Post Caps.

Rick, I have several sets. Which do you want? The ones on the right or left: Cheers Jerry
  3. jdoclogan

Sparto reversing light placement

A repo set of "plastic" lenses. Now that makes more sense. The glass doesn't work. Cheers Jerry
  4. jdoclogan

Michael, Years ago (after I got my first Tiger in 1989) I spent considerable time trying to find a substitute for the Sparto lens to no avail. The Series 1-3 glass lenses do not work as the have a larger diameter that won't allow them to fit inside of the light bulb surround. The Sparto lens...
  5. jdoclogan

Karl, Your find has a very similar profile to the Sunbeam application. Note: The center hole is considerably larger. But, could possibly be fabricated to accommodate any appropriate bulb receiver. I only have two original sets with bases (I have five (7) top sets). One set is perfect and one...
  6. jdoclogan

Voice From the Past

Wow, Jose probably lives within an hour or two from me. I would appreciate contact information via a PM.
  7. jdoclogan

2 Alpines and 1 Harrington entered into the Thruxton Historic FISCAR race on 21st June

Forever an adventure in the Sunbeam World. Well done my friend. Brings back a memory of having a drink with you, Tristan, and other Sunbeam enthusiasts at a local Pub. Best part was leaving in your Harrington Le Mans when you put the accelerator down and we sped off from the parking lot. The...
  8. jdoclogan

I have several Sparco sets and parts. The location on the Mk1A Tiger I'm currently working on is on the inside of exhaust as is my earlier Mk1/1A.
  9. jdoclogan

Jack Smith Alpine Article

Great article. Max Pahmier longtime organizer of the SUNI events took a different path. Max proposed to Kathleen and when she accepted he took her with him to buy there first car together. A Series I Alpine came into view during "their" search. That could be because Max actually planned the...
  10. jdoclogan

Sunbeam Alpine: The London Concours 2024

I was thinking it was you Jan.
  11. jdoclogan

Weber 40 DCOE mods for more flow

I sent you a PM
  12. jdoclogan

Hardtop color?

Alpine 64 (Michael), I did like driving your sweet ride without the top on Australia's "Great Ocean Road" in 2014. Thanks for the lasting memories.
  13. jdoclogan

Fun Alpine Pictures

Researching car dealerships in Toronto, Canada. Found this Hillman Dealership:
  14. jdoclogan

Alpine Series 3 GT new owner

Two Sunbeam and one Jaguar project..... Mmmm I'm good for now.
Back