• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by jdoclogan

1. jdoclogan

Oil pump drive gear/shaft

Jan we are thinking alike. Since the blocks haven't been assembled yet I will ask my machinist to Tap in new threads. I need to process "You will need to add more sheet metal in the oil pan to close it up. That is the windage trap or baffle in the sump." I'm not exactly visualizing what the...
  2. jdoclogan

Oil pump drive gear/shaft

Working on excellent (checked end play and rotating clearances) 1725 oil pumps I have for two 1592 engine builds (#41 Sebring and Harrington Le Mans). I noted different lengths in the drive gear to distributor slot on these 1725 oil pumps. Comments appreciated. Also, what is the technique...
  3. jdoclogan

62 12 Hour Sebring #41, SCCA racing Alpine #21, Promotional HLM, 62 HLM, MkI Tiger, Series III...

62 12 Hour Sebring #41, SCCA racing Alpine #21, Promotional HLM, 62 HLM, MkI Tiger, Series III GT, Series IV, Series V, Lyrad MK 2
  4. jdoclogan

Holiday Greetings to All!

And may we all look forward to Sunbeam beach times ahead. Happy New Year
  5. jdoclogan

H-Beam Racing rods

Outstanding find Dan. It provides some physics to the various scenarios for engine builds. The presenter's mathematics is increasing the rod length by 100% (240 vs 120). Your long rod length over stock (6.26 vs 5.75) is only an increase of 8.8%. I don't believe the vibration issues are...
  6. jdoclogan

4 cylinder 340 HP and 500 lb-ft of torque

Absolutely cool Jan!!
  7. jdoclogan

4 cylinder 340 HP and 500 lb-ft of torque

Why am I mucking around trying to achieve 135 to 150 HP engine for an Alpine when I could have a "Turbo 4." Amazing what technology and engineering can potentially bring to the masses. The price is probably more than the cost of the highest price ever paid for a Sunbeam Alpine ($33,000). But...
  8. jdoclogan

Weber DCOE40

Here is my Series 5 with a goose neck manifold. It clears the steering box with room to spare. But, it interferes with the stock fender brace installment. The fender brace attachment point is higher. It may work for a straight intake manifold. Mmmm ?? Note: a different brake master...
  9. jdoclogan

Weber DCOE40

I was thinking about that Don. It looks like Mag... has a later Series. I need to check my later Series Alpines.
  10. jdoclogan

Weber DCOE40

This is the installation of DCOE Webers with the exact same manifold. This is done without the spacer which would set the assembly even further into the stock fender brace. There is no way that a standard fender brace can be installed without significant modification. It is correct that the...
  11. jdoclogan

Weber DCOE40

I have that 2020 set up installed on the Promotional Harrington Le Mans. It is not an easy install for left hand drive. You have to modify one of the steering box bolt heads and if you want to keep a fender brace installed a major modification needs to be done. Goose neck No...
  12. jdoclogan

Back-Up Lights

Good Sparto lens.
  13. jdoclogan

Back-Up Lights

Those are the Sparto lamps. The plastic lenses will melt if one leaves it in reverse for a longtime. Replacement lens do not exist. While they are time period correct. Finding usable ones are near impossible. And most are like Marks. In need of re-chroming. Really cool looking if you...
  14. jdoclogan

Rotisserie attachment question

This is how I approached the 4 point Harbor Freight engine (two units) lift configuration attachment. More of a creative engineering, use what you have, approach. Unlike Dan's precision engineering.