• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by jdoclogan

1. jdoclogan

Weber 40 DCOE mods for more flow

I sent you a PM
  2. jdoclogan

Hardtop color?

Alpine 64 (Michael), I did like driving your sweet ride without the top on Australia's "Great Ocean Road" in 2014. Thanks for the lasting memories.
  3. jdoclogan

Fun Alpine Pictures

Researching car dealerships in Toronto, Canada. Found this Hillman Dealership:
  4. jdoclogan

Alpine Series 3 GT new owner

Two Sunbeam and one Jaguar project..... Mmmm I'm good for now.
  5. jdoclogan

Alpine Series 3 GT new owner

Ken, small World. I'm in Spokane and currently have two (2) Tigers, two (2) Harrington Le Mans, Sebring Alpine, SCCA 60s racing Alpine, Original Series III, two (2) Series IVs, significant amount of parts. PM me and we can get together sometime in the near future.
  6. jdoclogan

Anyone know whose Harrington this is?

The April, 1962 Sports Car Graphic (SCG) Harrington Le Mans (HLM) was in the official Rootes factory HLM's promotional photo. Interesting note in the SCG article this HLM never came with an overdrive. Quote: "Our test car was not equipped with the optional overdrive." It subsequently appeared...
  7. jdoclogan

Hardtop color?

My Sebring Alpine came with a white top.
  8. jdoclogan

Hardtop color?

I'm aware that the typical Sunbeam factory hardtop was black. However,I purchased my Series III GT from the original owner. This Carnival Red Alpine came with the matching Carnival Red hardtop as it sat on the Jaremko Dealership floor in 1963. I was told that is how it came from the Rootes factory.
  9. jdoclogan

Alpine Innovations Weber Carb Conversion

DW, I totally agree. Hopefully, when I get to the Dyno tests that I want to do for my numbers matching Harrington Le Mans engine. The comparison between 32/36 and 38/38 will become more enlightened. By the seat of the pants I would say, "Yes" to the 38/38. Getting such a setup would require...
  10. jdoclogan

The Simpson/Collins 289 Tiger on BAT

I see Bret Simpson's former Tiger that Dennis Collins purchased is now on BAT. Apparently, as I viewed the Worldwide auction in January, it did not sale for $57,000 bid after the auction. The Tiger is at the Collins Brothers Jeep dealership in Texas...
  11. jdoclogan

Fun Alpine Pictures

A Facebook site that focus' on Los Angeles and Hollywood:https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=817794447034762&set=a.405468084934069
  12. jdoclogan

Series IV Drivers Side Window

It is downloaded to your computer as a PDF.
  13. jdoclogan

Carb/Exhaust Configurations for Dyno test

Don, after a thorough investigation into the cast headers my findings determine the cast headers to be a horrible component. Rootes must have been dropping their quality control. Note my following findings: I took three cast headers from my parts pile. I measured each inlet and discovered...
  14. jdoclogan

Duck!

Don, I was just at the Goodwood Revival last September. Nothing like the three Spitfires providing everyone a magnificent show at 8 am doing maneuvers over the old air field. No one was that close to the flying planes. Sheeeesh!!! What the .........
  15. jdoclogan

Early Harrington LeMans for sale

Thanks Reg. From your statement I believe that is why Janne Iggbom believed yours to be a Canadian Demo (promotional) SLH/HLM (as per noted in the Le Mans Part1 registry https://www.sunbeamalpineowners.club/Harrington/registries_hlm_1.html#! After I got my HLM I became aware of the burnt HLM...