• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Jay Laifman's latest activity

• Jay Laifman
    Jay Laifman replied to the thread Brakes long pedal.
    Oohhhh. I misread your points. Going back, it all now makes sense. Thanks.
  • Jay Laifman
    Right. But you said it was a piston problem. So that would be left and right. That's what I"m trying to help explore. Is it a...
  • Jay Laifman
    But if he had one piston with a problem in the front, he would get obvious pulling. On the rear, since it is a solid axle, there would...
  • Jay Laifman
    Very strange then that you are getting lock up on front. I would think that whatever is causing that issue from the master would do the...
  • Jay Laifman
    I assume your MC is a dual circuit MC, right? And no servo. Seems odd that only the fronts would lock up because of the MC. Also...
  • Jay Laifman
    Jay Laifman replied to the thread $83,500 Alpine on ebay.
    Wow. Sold for $63k. A shame for the seller who clearly was looking for more than $83k. I totally prefer stock or close to stock cars...
  • Jay Laifman
    Hmmm. I just made sure that they were adjusted so that the cable was not causing the brake to drag, and I got full engagement when...
  • Jay Laifman
    I'm a little at a loss here and wondering if anyone has a suggestion. I put on Dan's fantastic rear disc brakes. I absolutely love...
  • Jay Laifman
    Jay Laifman replied to the thread Sunbeam 2000 build.
    I'm sorry. Can you remind me what this second car is? The first one was an S2000 with an Alpine body stretched and reshaped to go over...
  • Jay Laifman
    Lots of comments at the bottom of the listing singing praises of the car. But I don't recognize most of them as actual Alpine/Tiger...
  • Jay Laifman
    Separate question. What is a "dealer" on BAT versus a private owner? This says it was purchased by the "selling dealer" in 2015, then...
  • Jay Laifman
    I agree. Those massive tires should keep the rear gripping - until it does not. That is, I think it would have some pretty extreme...
  • Jay Laifman
    It's back: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1964-sunbeam-alpine-11/
  • Jay Laifman
    FYI, I recall someone put in a pedal box that put the masters inside the driver's compartment, flipped around pointing towards the...