• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by JasonArmadillo

1. JasonArmadillo

Headlight switch failure & smoke

First off, thanks SO much for all the helpful replies! I disconnected the battery as suggested. I removed the headlight switch and the panel/map switch, opened them up and there were no burnt contacts - so the switches seem to be ok. They were a little dirty inside so I cleaned them before...
  2. JasonArmadillo

Headlight switch failure & smoke

I just purchased a 1962 Alpine; the car was idling and the first time I tried turning on the headlights, the switch made a pop and smoke bellowed out from behind the dash. Has anyone encountered this? I’m hoping it’s just a simple replacement of the switch and not a more severe electrical...