• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by iiAtlas

1. iiAtlas

SIII Water Temp Sender/Guage Troubles

For any and all interested, that cap fits! GATES 31526 or Stant 10228. Both 7lbs. Hope that helps someone!
  2. iiAtlas

More radiator cap info for anyone who cares. I spoke with a representative at Stant, the manufacturer for our caps. They have part # 10206 listed as the one for all alpines. This is apparently a "deep neck" radiator cap and is a bit of an odd ball. They offer a short neck with the same...
  3. iiAtlas

Thanks 65beam thats perfect!! Classic Sunbeam must've shipped out the wrong part. I was able to order that on Rock Auto, ~$5 shipped. Will report back next week when it arrives, I think this is the one..
  4. iiAtlas

Googling now! Some dimensions if anyone finds anything.. The "correct" Stant 10206 measures differently. Here are the figures on their site. I am assuming this is the same as the one I received in the mail. Wow, nice find! Ordered...
  5. iiAtlas

Success!! New temp sender arrived yesterday and I had a chance to drain the coolant and install. Before I did, I took a reading with my multimeter. Instantly this confirmed our suspicions below. The old unit read infinity when I performed the same test. Installed in the car and she...
  6. iiAtlas

Thanks for all the info Tom! A new sender is on order. Looks exactly the same as the new one I ordered a few months back. Will just assume that one is defective from the source, or fried from the way it was wired. Will know more when the new unit arrives! Probably early next week.
  7. iiAtlas

Tom, THANK YOU so much! Your deductions with the multimeter + test lamp were quite interesting. I am hoping the technique can help me with future debugging. For future reference: we used a test lamp to confirm the operation of the voltage stabilizer. As Tom said above, it operates by turning...
  8. iiAtlas

Thank you Tom! Just sent you an email..you rock! To confirm the above..disconnect lead from sender to regulator, then with battery on (and car running?) test voltage? Thank you loose_electron!
  9. iiAtlas

Thank you both for your replies! loose_electron I DO have one of those infrared thermometers and love it! Great tool. I also used a kitchen thermometer in the radiator to pull a reading. Temps all looking good in the 160 degree range, as that is the thermostat I am running. Ken, thank you...
  10. iiAtlas

Here is how the gauge used to be wired for comparison:
  11. iiAtlas

Hello All! Here for my annual check up.. I am on the hunt to sort out my overheating issues..or what I thought were overheating issues. Cruising around town I could go 5-10 minutes before my water temp gauge read 230 degrees. At idle, the gauge would rapidly decrease to a steady 170...
  12. iiAtlas

'64 SIII won't turn over, fuel pump?

I am planning on it! I have ordered a rebuild kit from Sunbeam Specialities as per Alpine 1789's suggestion earlier in the thread. I'll see how the rebuild goes, and if it all seems good will install over the winter.
  13. iiAtlas

Interesting! Thanks for your input. I know this "fix" was not recommended, but it seems to have done the trick. The simplest fix is usually the best? Something along those lines...should the problem arise again I'm happy to dig deeper. Will post if anything comes up, but for now enjoying the...
  14. iiAtlas

All - I installed the new fuel filter today and went for a great ride! Absolutely no issues. The previous one must've been clogged. I understand this is not a permanent fix and that the fuel pump will need rerouted. I plan on converting back to the original mechanical rather than moving...
  15. iiAtlas

Thanks Alpine! I certainly will. It would be a dream if she could make it that long...next time your in Manhattan PM me, you're welcome to take her for a spin!