• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by heyelisaa

1. heyelisaa

Coil swap - original electrical wiring question

Aside from this, after sticking my head under the dash I found that after going through the firewall, the larger white wire is either connecting to the ignition switch, and/or going on to connect to the fuse box.
  2. heyelisaa

Here is a diagram of what I'm trying to describe. Hope this helps
  3. heyelisaa

This is the first time I've done this and I'm not very familiar with any of this, so I apologize if I'm not making sense. The larger and smaller wires were both attached to the negative side of the original coil, but I don't know what the larger wire served because I couldn't see where the other...
  4. heyelisaa

Ah ok, that's good to know! Power to the Pertronix comes from the ignition switch (16ga. White wire) directly, and the negative side goes to coil negative, then the coil is grounded. There is never any power to the 12ga white wire, but it used to be on coil negative as well.
  5. heyelisaa

Hi Tom, It's a series 3 Alpine. I put in the Pertronix coil and ignition, and there is no ballast resistor. I think the instructions said to not use one for some reason.
  6. heyelisaa

No problem at all! :) I have a series 3 Alpine with a Weber and a manual choke. It's still positive ground also. When tested there's never any voltage to the larger wire, but before the Pertronix installation it was connected to the negative side of the coil. Thanks!
  7. heyelisaa

The smaller second white wire is from the ignition switch. The larger one was originally connected to the negative side of the coil, and now with the Pertronix system in, the smaller wire is the only wire going to the distributor. So, I think it does sound like it might be the cold start that...
  8. heyelisaa

This makes sense since the Pertronix says to get rid of the bypass I think. It sounds like I probably don't need it. Thanks for the reply!
  9. heyelisaa

Thanks. It does turn around and go back towards the fire wall, but it's all wrapped up with a bunch of other wires, so I can't tell where it ends up on the other side, unfortunately.
  10. heyelisaa

Hello, I recently swapped the coil out with a Pertronix one, and everything works great...but there is one wire from the original set up that I can't figure out the purpose of. Does anyone know what the larger 12ga white wire, in the attached photo, could be serving? Any ideas would be much...
  11. heyelisaa

Looking for parts

Hello, Does anyone have a spare gas cap surround or radio console available for sale? Or know of where to find those. I have a '63 series 3 Alpine I'm looking to upgrade. Please let me know! Thanks :)