• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by GTosel

1. G

Replacement Disc Question

Series II Rotors Series I and II rotors are smaller than S III and later models and the later rotors will not fit. The calipers and pads are not interchangeable either. Also note that Series II calipers must be centered to the rotor by using shims as shown in the Shop Manual and Parts...
  2. G

sprung or unsprung clutch disk???

Stock Clutch Disc Installation The stock clutch disc will only fit one way between the flywheel and the pressure plate. I do have a clutch disc from my S-II that had visible wear on the rivets in the center of the disc. I wondered why this wear when the disc friction material was almost as...
  3. G

Wanted Series IV intake manifold only

Please let me know if anyone is interested in selling a Series IV Alpine intake manifold. This manifold is a two barrel design and is fitted with a Solex carburetor. I do not want the carburetor. Please let me know price and delivery to Bloomington Minnesota.
  4. G

S-IV and S-V Parts Wanted

Aluminum intake manifold for Solex carb for S-IV. Stromberg carbueretor throttle plate on front carburetor for S-V 1725 engine. I have the rest of the linkage, but I need this front plate. Please send price and shipping costs.
  5. G

Dash Pad Replacement - How?

Windshield to body seal Sunbeam Specialties has the seal between the windshield frame and the body. WS52 listed for Series 3 to V but also indicates that is can be used for early Alpines although it not the same as the original. I would recommend the seal with moderate amount of liquid...
  6. G

steering box

Steering box shims and gaskets Please review the installation procedure for the steering box shaft and internals. While the term gasket may be reasonable since there is a combination of steel and paper thin material used, note these are all used as shim material. There is a specific clearance...
  7. G

rearview mirror

Series II Mirror The Series II mirror will fit the later windshield frame, however the Series II mirror base is flat to match the cast windshield frame. The Series 3 and later mirror has a ridge on the top edge to match the steel frame. This means the later mirror would not fit properly to...
  8. G

Oil pump

Oil Pump 1725 Please note that the 1725 oil pump has a different number of teeth on the drive gear than the early 1592 oil pump. Therefore they will not interchange without using the proper gear. In addition the cable tach drive oil pump is different than the electronic tach drive oil pump...
  9. G

Floor Mats

Alpine and Tiger Floor Mat The floor mat mentioned as rectangular with ribs and Alpine or Tiger raised letters do exist. I happen to have one of each that came with my Alpine many years ago. Great condition and look unused. I always wondered why there was one of each Alpine and Tiger...
  10. G

Series III For Sale

Alpine Titled 1964 Minnesota Series III originally gold, paint faded and partial spray can red. Rust in rockers and rear quarters, no main frame rust. Drivers side floor and emergency brake rebuilt. New exhaust except down pipe is used, rebuilt brakes, booster, clutch and brake M/C and all...
  11. G

Parking Brake/Handbrake

Parking Brake Boot Sunbeam Specialties part number IP 62 $15.75 is what you need to cover around the emergency brake handle.