• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by gatkeper1

1. G

Frustrated!

What carb number are you using and which of the two Offy intakes?
  2. G

Fitting options for Shift Knobs

Thats a perfect size. I keep my eye out looking for one like that. But all I find are small machines or ones with 6' to12' beds . Mine is just a 6"x12"
  3. G

Plug wrench

install the TR5GP
  4. G

Very nice. I have to get my little Dunlap lathe up and running one of these days
  5. G

Plug wrench

Autolite 65 are a gasket plug with no taper. The Ford Ranger came out in 1983 and the head used taper seat plugs The 2.8 in the Mustang ll used gasketed plugs 74-77. If the engine was indeed out of a Ranger then the taper seat plug would be correct. Use of the improper plug would cause a...
  6. G

Plug wrench

Early 2.8 use a plug that has a gasket later ones are taper seat. Both I believe are 14mm threads. Be sure to look at the seating area on the head. Flat sealing surface means gasketed plugs, Taper sealing means the later engines with taper seat plugs
  7. G

15 minutes on the drill press start to finish . All I had was a 1/2x13 bolt. 5/32 drill bit followed by a 9/32 then the 5/16x24 tap. Cut to length then done
  8. G

You can do this in a drill press. 1/2x20 threaded rod cut to length. drill and tap for 5/16x24 Eazee peazee if you have a tap , drill press and drill press vise
  9. G

Spark plug questions

Resister plugs were first used in 1969. I'm fairly certain Rootes would have used them if they were available for the SV when they were produced. Resistor plugs or suppressor core plugs are in everything today even lawn mowers. Its not an issue. Now as far as N9Y. I believe what you are buying...
  10. G

Spark plug questions

R42XLS is considered a cold plug. It is correct for a SV engine. Some plugs come with the gasket loose in the box. If there is no metal crush ring on the plug , someone might have installed the plugs without them. You're not going to be able to buy them ,you will need to buy new plugs. N9Y is...
  11. G

66 Series 5

66 Series 5