• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by dougbeck

1. D

New Battery is Now Dead

i had that same problem. I had to disconnect the battery while parked in the garage or keep a trickle charger hocked up. The Dan at British European Auto in San Pedro, CA installed a switch in the back that disconnects the battery. he said i had a small "leak" that drains the battery when...
  2. D

"customized" gas tank leaks

Got it repaired Took it to the local radiator, gas tank lining shop, and had a new galvanized steel top soldered on, painted and plastic lined. Probably overkill, but it looks great.
  3. D

"customized" gas tank leaks

I acquired a not running series II Alpine. I have discovered that the gas tank has been modified. it looks like the top was cut off and some new pieces of metal (aluminum?) have been riveted to the top. Two octagonal holes have been cut in the top and covers attached with machine screws. see...
  4. D

Series 2 Starter Motor Removal?

Do you have to pull the pin on the starter drive first? I have an old starter so i can see how long the starter drive is, and i don't see how it can just "drop right out" no matter how i wiggle it, it won't come out. i don't know if it is hitting the headers or the drive gear is getting hung...