• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by doggone03

1. D

Neg to Post Earth & Back Again

I tried changing the polarity on my Series IV from positive earth to negative earth and found the impulse tach wouldn't work. Back to positive earth and the tach works again. While playing around, I did fry out my voltage regulator and bought a replacement at SS. I found a 1970's vintage radio...
  2. D

Two cars for the price of one

Saw the grey one on the same trailer, attached to the same truck about a year ago in my neighborhood. I know most Sunbeam owners or their cars in the area and left a business card on the windshield. Never heard back. It was in pretty bad shape due to rust. The grey primer is probably hiding...
  3. D

Battery size

I finally got around to getting my Series IV back on the road. I took my old Group 56 battery to the local auto part store and they did not carry the battery size. Found one at Walmart for around $100. Works great.