• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

DanR's latest activity

• DanR
    It surely helps! Made my Day! I remember seeing this years ago, but for some reason I could not find it.
  • DanR
    Dan, Dan, Both the WSM's, 124 and 145 - near the front of the "BODY" sections, have dimensioned under frame drawings. For a sV, use...
  • DanR
    DanR replied to the thread Steering gearbox Welch plug.
    Before you use the old one...... What is the length for the sawed off one ? I may have a solution.
  • DanR
    I am looking for some data for the Sunbeam Alpine (SV) for straightening the right rear frame. I am in possession of Bill Blues Orange...
  • DanR
    DanR replied to the thread Steering gearbox Welch plug.
    James, If your first PIC is showing a "hole" the Welch hole as you call it is where the inner bearing race is supposed to be secured for...
  • DanR
    DanR reacted to James7's post in the thread Steering gearbox Welch plug with Like Like.
    My first time posting images, hope it works out. I could even just make a disc to plug the hole and stake it in and seal it if I don't...
  • DanR
    DanR reacted to spmdr's post in the thread A-Arm Bushing FAILURE with Like Like.
    Back in 2016 I came across a Tiger that NEEDED the front suspension rebuilt. The A-Arm bushings were Crumbling away! Some of the...
  • DanR
    DanR replied to the thread Heater Valve.
    I saw Shannon's "New" valve at the British Car Show in Columbia, SC last week. It looks like it is well made and appears to be more...
  • DanR
    DanR reacted to jumpinjan's post in the thread Heater Valve with Like Like.
    I have taken a few apart and you can't fix them. The problem is the rubber seal (looks like a diagram) that seals the small control rod...
  • DanR
    DanR reacted to Asm109's post in the thread Heater Valve with Like Like.
    I bought one from Sunbeam Specialities over 10 years ago. Bought it as soon as I saw it in the catalog. It was on the car for less than...
  • DanR
    DanR replied to the thread V6 Bell Housing.
    The threads in the V6 are all metric. You probably should plan to buy a small metric tap and die set because it is a worthy investment...
  • DanR
    DanR reacted to JR66's post in the thread V6 Bell Housing with Like Like.
    Dan, Thanks! It was a big help to know what the thread should be because the threads were buggered up some & none of my bolts would...
  • DanR
    DanR replied to the thread Boot weatherstripping.
    Here are the metal panels/pieces for the ST style Alpines with the soft tops. The GT (without the soft top) is different
    • Alpine Firewall Soft top Curtain between Trunk and Passenger Compartment 20191018_190543.jpg
    • Alpine Firewall Soft top Curtain between Trunk and Passenger Compartment 20191018_190534.jpg
    • Alpine Firewall Soft top Curtain between Trunk and Passenger Compartment 20191018_190452.jpg
    • Firewall between the trunk and passenger compartment  LH Side 20180429_155740.jpg
    • Firewall between the trunk and passenger compartment center view 20180429_155705.jpg
    • Firewall between the trunk and passenger compartment RH Side 20180429_154935.jpg
    • Firewall between the trunk and passenger compartment LH Side 20180429_154919.jpg
    • Alpine Firewall from trunk to Passenger Compartment  20170718_192159.jpg
    • Alpine Firewall from trunk to Passenger Compartment  20170718_182456.jpg
    • Making of Fire break - trunk to passenger compartment 20170718_111324.jpg
  • DanR
    DanR reacted to Tim R's post in the thread Sunbeam Alpine: Engine Rebuild The Re-mix with Like Like.
    Thanks Dan, the hope is that these videos will live on and help people in the future who want to look after these lovely old vehicles. Tim R
  • DanR
    DanR replied to the thread V6 Bell Housing.
    JR66, The three holes you asked about should be 6mm 1.0 thread if stock. I found one of my bellhousings had two that were 6mm and one...