• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Crash Bang Alpine

1. C

brake master cyl

No, the clutch slave is the wilwood push type. What seems to be the best overall MC? Would it be the stock alpine or one out of asia?
  2. C

brake master cyl

Gentlemen: Here in Frostbite Falls Mn we put our alpines away for the -40 degree weather and in my case am surprised in the spring when I find I have no brakes. Somehow the fluid likes to run out of the master and down the inside of the firewall. It is great paint remover. Anyone else have...
  3. C

Recommended total advance for 2.8?

distributor I think I'd investigate Jose's post. We were playing with the timing on my car, trying to suck out that last degree in timing and the timing kept wandering. It was the distributor that was worn enough to cause the problem. Even check the rebuilt. Seems like they will only...
  4. C

Replacement Horns

horns Oops.....That is early 90's ford taurus
  5. C

Replacement Horns

horns I thought that the horns I took out of a 90's (early) sounded pretty darn good and they were only a couple of bucks and an easy installation near the original location. See your local salvage yard
  6. C

upper ball joints for series 2

anyone have excellent used or nos upper ball joints for a series 2?
  7. C

Traction Bars

vibration Gentlemen and Strange Fellows All. My vibration problem is fixed. I had the driveshaft shortened another 3/4th of an inch. The yoke going into the 5 speed was bottoming out on the output shaft of the transmission. The driveshaft is now(with the alpine rearend-series 2) 31 inches...
  8. C

Traction Bars

vibration Thanks to you for your responses. The jacks are under the axle tubes. The vibration is noticable enough so it makes it not fun to drive. I'll investigate your tips this weekend and if any of it pays off, I'll be sure to comment for because the forum is for the common...
  9. C

Traction Bars

Gentlemen: Thanks for your input. Consider this: Once again, the v-6 conversion, Jose kit, t-5 tranny and cut down alpine and t-bird driveshaft. I find that about 60 mph when I let off the gas I get a noticable vibration in the seat of my pants. I'm sure it is noticable at other speed also...
  10. C

exhaust

Gentlemen: I have the 2.8 conversion. I had the muffler shop build a exhaust system. The exhaust comes out ahead of each rear wheel. It's fine except the mufflers are toooooo loud. Anyone know the brand and numbers of a quiet pair of mufflers to replace these annoying things I have? The...
  11. C

body part

Gentlemen: On the series 2 you have a chrome piece that goes on the gas filler pipe. Inside of that chrome piece is a grommet that I think goes over the filler pipe and then around the body sheet metal to hold that chrome piece in place around the filler tube and onto the body. Any advice on...
  12. C

Minnesota 66 alpine

my new email address Gentlemen: You can call me evenings at 218-334-5893 or email me at joeriewer@gmail.com
  13. C

Minnesota 66 alpine

I have a 66 alpine for sale with 3 options. Restore with the existing engine for the purist or drop the 74 mustang 2.8 in for a the v-6 conversion or use the 1983 capri donor car with running 302 h.o. ram air with 4 speed and posi for an alger conversion. The alpine is a little rough but too...
  14. C

Wheel Suggestions

wheel alternatives Gentlemen: I kind of like the simple look of the 60's spider wheel. This doesn't seem attainable for a 13" alpine rim. I just found a company that might have what I want and it is a two ear or three ear chrome ( boltable or screw on)spinner, kind of like the halibrand...
  15. C

series 2 chrome door pillar

series 2 door pillar Sorry guys I chicken pecked a mistake in spelling my e-mail address. It is joeriewer@gmail.com