• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Chad's latest activity

• Chad
    Chad replied to the thread X frame repair sections..
    …or biggest firewall doghouse? Always wanted a ‘mid engine super car’ I guess!
  • Chad
    Yes, I had mandrel-bent 2x3 frame rails that extend from my new MX5 front subframe (narrowed 3”), to my new rear subframe (also MX5...
    • 3C2CEBB6-1A88-4757-BF1E-A5C95FB3792E.jpeg
    • uuid=C81EF9AF-69D7-4976-A0C8-0B0D4C11A3F2&library=1&type=1&mode=2&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg
  • Chad
    I’ve found nests in the A-pillars, the tank crossover pipe, up inside the front inner fender reinforcers (noticed after welding in the...
    • IMG_5366.jpeg
  • Chad
    Chad replied to the thread Rear Frame Rails.
    I’ve just cut my rear frame rails out. Having cut into and through them in several places, they’re not as simple as they look from the...
    • IMG_5320.jpeg
    • IMG_5321.jpeg
    • IMG_5322.jpeg
    • IMG_5323.jpeg
    • IMG_5324.jpeg
  • Chad
    Chad replied to the thread HLM - Dashboard formica.
    I think you’ll have a hard time finding curly or fiddleback wood grains in a Formica-style plastic laminate. Unlike burls, those grains...